• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IP refusal, again.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this photo rejected twice for IP. The first time you could see the side of the face of the person on the right. I cropped it so the face was no longer visible and tried again. It was refused again. Any visual reference to the car is omitted and there is no map manufacturer named on the map. Since we are never told why a photo is rejected I can't figure out what the issue is. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks, Don

DSC_6411rc.jpg.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IP is nothing to do with people or faces. That needs a model release. You can't make money by offering all rights to a photo of someone else's copyright work. It's the map. Possibly the car too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Test Screen Name mentioned, the map is clearly an issue. There doesn't have to include a visible manufacturer name to be protected.

That said, there are also technical problems that would get it rejected even without any IP issues, including the man's arms and pen that are blurry, a lot of noise, spots that should be removed, and chromatic aberration.

MNiessenPhoto_0-1637781799745.pngMNiessenPhoto_1-1637781804845.png

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines