• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is analysis of pictures fully automated?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have bizarre image refusal during last year.

Many pictures like sunset on a beach refused for intellectual property....

Some days I have 100% refusal ration for technical problems, next day 100% are accepted but are nearly the same quality and subject.

Mostly I upload pictures made with my phone, so I'm aware that the quality can be not enough. What I don't understand is how the algorithm works.

It seems to me that the pictures are processed by different persons, and maybe sometimes they have just too much pictures to look at and they just trash them.

Attached an image rejected for IP infringement LOL

What drives me crazy is that I have 50% rejection rate, and most of the rejected pictures are far better than the accepted one.

This is also a huge waste of time as material is rejected after you insert all the data, it shouldn't be better to have an automatic system that do a pre check and mark bad an image before you have to insert the captions and tags?

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

IP rejection can also be the keywords. And then, there is the possibility that the moderator is using the wrong refusal and IP is number 6 and Technical Issues is number 5. 🙂

The assets are for sure moderated by different people if submitted at different times. If you send in 50 pictures in a row, however, chances are that the same person checks the whole batch, and if you have consistently similar issues, that the moderator refuses consistently the whole batch.

Moderation is done by humans

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IP rejection can also be the keywords. And then, there is the possibility that the moderator is using the wrong refusal and IP is number 6 and Technical Issues is number 5. 🙂

The assets are for sure moderated by different people if submitted at different times. If you send in 50 pictures in a row, however, chances are that the same person checks the whole batch, and if you have consistently similar issues, that the moderator refuses consistently the whole batch.

Moderation is done by humans.

Check your images critically before submitting, and submit smaller batches in a row. I currently have an acceptance rate of near to 100% with that system. And I sporadically submit pictures to test the moderation, i.e., when people say my sunset pictures get regularly refused, I submit sunset pictures to test the theory. My findings are that if the picture is correctly processed, it passes.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the point here, I re-uploaded 20 pictures, that were discarded last week and they all passed.

Now I'm thinking, Adobe is a company and we are "working" for them, how is possible that our work is rejected just because a moderator doesn't want to check every picture one by one and instead he trashes everything?

The problem is obviously that my pictures/videos are only acceptable, not outstanding, so it's easy to be just above or below the acceptable level.

What is not acceptable is that entires batches of content get trashed, and if re-uploaded they pass, this is a kind of joke for me.

As the moderator is doing a job, it should be nice to have the ID of the employee in the refusal motivation to understand if there's a pattern in refusal process ( maybe the same employee is refusing more picture than others ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the original photo, it is too small and out of focus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the original photo, it is too small and out of focus.

By @RALPH_L

Pictures of this size can't be submitted, so chances are, that it is not the original. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you may know, the moderator examines the original picture at 100-200%. We need to do the same to give accurate opinions, so please post the exact original picture, not a thumbnail or reduced version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you may know, the moderator examines the original picture at 100-200%. We need to do the same to give accurate opinions, so please post the exact original picture, not a thumbnail or reduced version.

By @Test Screen Name

It is possible, that there is no object in the picture for an IP rejection. If OP wants other information, they will need to submit the full-size picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. Sometimes IP violations become visible at 100% (like a discarded coffee cup) but it doesn't seem especially likely for this composition. So please share with us the original title and keywords. Some things are unexpectedly trade names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to post the original as I re-submitted the original content with the same description and tag and is passed. I'm re-submitting hundreds of refused content and they are passing also. Adobe content moderation has clearly some problem, what makes me mad is that I'm wasting much time tagging every post again. Thank you Adobe, luckily I don't post content to Adobe Stock for living....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MatHayward ,

this shouldn't happen! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All assets are viewed by human Moderators, so of course, there is some variability in the process. But wholesale uploading of previously rejected images can result in your account being blocked. There is no proof of your assumption that Moderators are "trashing" entire batches out of sheer laziness. I have never had an entire batch rejected. I do, however, submit only a handful at a time, and never include similars in the same batch, because the Moderator could fairly assume that if they see flaws in one image, noise or chromatic aberration for instance, the entire batch of similars would be affected by the same flaws.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's also my assumption. I even sometimes test the moderators, just to see if difficult lightning situations pass when correctly edited. My finding until now: they pass.

But I, too, avoid sending in 100rds of pictures in one batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines