• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it appropriate to Post the pictures of the same subject with subtle differences?

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple pictures of the same subject often times and they are taken from different angles and different poses. At first look, they might look identical but they are not. These subjects are animals or plants in the exact location.

For example, a bird that looks toward the camera and the same bird on the same branch looking down or from the side view. Would that be an appropriate thing to upload them with different titles? 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Participant , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

It seems to me that if you have acceptable images that display singnificantly different aspects of the same subject, then submit them.  But if the differences are subtle (as you describe them), then you run the danger of having your images be considered "spam" and that is an abuse of the system that can get you banned.   I think it wiser to be selective about what (and how many) images you submit.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

If they truly do display the subject differently and are each unique, you can certainly upload each one; but I wouldn't do them all at once. Upload one, wait for it to get accepted, then another later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Examine both images side by side.  Which one has the best sales potential?  That's the one you should submit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that if you have acceptable images that display singnificantly different aspects of the same subject, then submit them.  But if the differences are subtle (as you describe them), then you run the danger of having your images be considered "spam" and that is an abuse of the system that can get you banned.   I think it wiser to be selective about what (and how many) images you submit.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they truly do display the subject differently and are each unique, you can certainly upload each one; but I wouldn't do them all at once. Upload one, wait for it to get accepted, then another later. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thought: if you are submitting two images that are different, but might seem similar, be sure that the image description gives the full difference in each case. Moderators may use the description. (Equally they might not, and may not have a common language). End users who search will also be clued in by the title. They like "spam" even less.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Examine both images side by side.  Which one has the best sales potential?  That's the one you should submit. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines