• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it considered "bad practice" if you mark every image of a series with model release?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... even when the model is not in every picture?

Say you have 50 images with that model and 50 B-Roll images of the surrounding - is it OK to set the release for all the 100 files and call it a day?

This would be very helpful if you upload with csv.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is an error. The model release is also used to identify assets with the same model.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure whether the unnecessary release will be grounds for rejection, but there doesn't seem to be anyway to disassociate the release from the image while it is pending approval or even afterwards. You would have to delete those images and resubmit. Or just wait and see what happens...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would consider this as a refusal reason. And I strongly would advocate against such a practice. As I said, model releases are not only to give authorization to use the picture but also to associate the model with the picture. It's equivalent of using misleading keywords.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines