• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just joined Adobe Stock.. posted first photo.. rejected for "SIMILAR IMAGE(S) ALREADY SUBMITTED"

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feels like some kind of joke. I literally submitted my first photo mainly just to test out the process, and I got rejected for having "SIMILAR IMAGE(S) ALREADY SUBMITTED"

Without having any other photos in my portfolio, this could not possiblyd be the case. Am I missing anything?

Is there any way to dispute? What would you recommend doing?

Hopefully mistakes like this are not a common occurence here.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, thanks for any help! Happy to share details if needed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@YosemiteR,

Without seeing your image, I'm only guessing.  Next time, post the rejected image here so we can see it.

"Similar photo" often means your subject is not unique enough to be accepted by Stock.  They probably have a zillion others like it already and won't be needing yours.  

Stock knows what their customers want  --  professional quality imagery that has high technical, visual and commercial appeal.  If your image doesn't meet Stock's high quality standards, it won't be accepted.  It's not personal.  It's just business.

Meanwhile, read these important links.  They may help you:

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

"Am I missing anything?"

"Similar images" refers not only to what you have previously submitted (in this case, nothing), but also to what's already available on Adobe Stock, from other contributors.

That said, mistakes can happen from time to time (reviewers are only humans, after all). Very occasionally, a picture refused for that reason can be accepted on second submission a few days later (it has happened to me a couple of times), but keep in mind that it could be considered spamming if you submit many similar images (or the same over and over again), especially since you don't have a large portfolio of images yet. Search Adobe Stock for similar images to get an idea of what's already available.

Bottom line: if you try it, do it at your own risk!

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips @Nancy OShea and @MNiessenPhoto !

This is what it said in the message: "Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, during our review we found that it's similar to another image(s) you've already uploaded, so we can't accept it into our collection."

If it's too close to images others of have uploaded, I guess I would have to check again... but I was literally reading the words written. Again if commerical value or quality was cited --- happy to accept that as well, but that wasn't the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reviewers check a box on a form.  The standard "reasons" are already written for them. 

It's possible this reviewer checked the wrong box in haste.  Or maybe "similarity to Stock inventory" was the actual reason. In any case, there is no appeals process so we will never know.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines