Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords or title errors

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have been busy uploading a lot of new images to Adobe. I'm new to Adobe but experienced at stock elsewhere. I have just had around 25 rejections for "keywords or title errors", all in one go as if it's either automated of a person hasn't look through them all.

I am very experienced in captioning and keywording for stock, but have still read the guidelines for Adobe and adjusted any existing captions and keywords to fit in better with how Adobe do things. My captions are in plain English and include all details, and the keywords are accurate (lots of single words as well as phrases), all relevant, and sorted by order of importance. They include Latin names for plants and animals, and I wonder of a bot of seeing those as not being English?

I have gone through some of them, re-sorted slightly, and re-submitted. I'm unsure what else I can do as they are already accurate.

Is this a regular issue people have? Is it ok to just re-submit with only minor changes, hoping they're looked at by a different moderator? I'd be happy to change them more if I could see where the problem was.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Perhaps you shouldn't keep repeating 'hoverfly' and various ways of keywording 'hoverfly'. You've mentioned a few of the main keyword a few times, albeit in various ways. Keep it simple. This is most likely the reason for rejection.

Some of the keywords could be interpreted as irrelevant. (Because you repeated them.)

Non-compliant file
This reason means that your content doesn’t comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant k

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had it again, about 9 all rejected in one go. I'll copy/paste one of them as an example...

Caption: Female Common Hoverfly (Syrphus ribesii) in Summer in the UK

Keywords (in this order): hoverfly, syrphus ribesii, striped hoverfly, striped hoverflies, female common hover fly, common hoverfly england, common hover fly england, syrphus ribesii female, common hoverfly uk, common hover fly uk, female common hoverfly, insect closeup, insect close up, female syrphus ribesii

I do have duplicate words within phrases, but the example in the guidelines has that too, and it's the way I'm used to keywording as it helps my particular images be found if a customer searches on that exact phrase. Am I overdoing it maybe? It works elsewhere, but all agencies are different so any guidance will be appreciated please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you shouldn't keep repeating 'hoverfly' and various ways of keywording 'hoverfly'. You've mentioned a few of the main keyword a few times, albeit in various ways. Keep it simple. This is most likely the reason for rejection.

Some of the keywords could be interpreted as irrelevant. (Because you repeated them.)

Non-compliant file
This reason means that your content doesn’t comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release, or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your comments. When I read those keywords back, I admit it does seem that I've overdone it a little. I'm used to putting as many phrases as possible, as with another agency that's a definite help. So as I'm new to Adobe Stock, I'm trying to get used to how far to go with that.

In future I'll tone down the number of dublicated words I use in phrases and see what happens.

Thanks again.  🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines