• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Left Scratching my Head

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So recently I submitted a 6pack of images they were all rejected on the ground of similar content already submitted despite all being original content created by me the only similarity was that they were landscape/nature shots as that is my prominent genre. To my dismay not only was there no way to appeal this and have a physical review of the images it was dam near impossible to find a link to any help.

Once I did I submitted my request a outlined my issues for the case at hand the response I received left me dumbfounded, it stated among other things that there is no appeal process and that it was likely that it was similar in nature to other contributors' submissions so therefore rejected case closed.

I found this to be utterly ridiculous and give if you go and look at the insights page the same graphic images as every other contribution in that list with the same image artifacts rehashed over and over and yet unique content gets rejected. If there were Quality issues with the images I would have been more than happy to revise the edit (maybe it was a bad day) and address it but this makes no sense. Thoughts.     

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

An appeal process would take a lot of time. This would cost Adobe money. The Stock submission process is not set up to get every great photo, but to get a sufficient number with low cost to Adobe. It's run for the benefit of Adobe and their customers, not their suppliers; that's the world of business everywhere. 
Yes, Adobe can and will reject images where there are enough like it already. They don't want a search page giving almost identical shots, customers will lose interest. Do your research

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

There is no appeal process. Alter the images some more and resubmit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

The "similars" rejection image has always been a bit perplexing to me; it's not certain whether they mean "similars" within your portfolio, or "similars" across the entire database. If you are certain that your images are technically acceptable, do some minor edit and resubmit one at a time, waiting for that one to be accepted before submitting another. Then they can't claim "similars already submitted". I always do this when I'm submitting multiple images from the same day/location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An appeal process would take a lot of time. This would cost Adobe money. The Stock submission process is not set up to get every great photo, but to get a sufficient number with low cost to Adobe. It's run for the benefit of Adobe and their customers, not their suppliers; that's the world of business everywhere. 
Yes, Adobe can and will reject images where there are enough like it already. They don't want a search page giving almost identical shots, customers will lose interest. Do your research before planning shots, by searching. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then go to the insights page and look at the "top contributors" just generic images rehashed over and over so your comment just doesn't make sense. 

https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/en/insights/best/contributors

it's a joke.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no appeal process. Alter the images some more and resubmit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "similars" rejection image has always been a bit perplexing to me; it's not certain whether they mean "similars" within your portfolio, or "similars" across the entire database. If you are certain that your images are technically acceptable, do some minor edit and resubmit one at a time, waiting for that one to be accepted before submitting another. Then they can't claim "similars already submitted". I always do this when I'm submitting multiple images from the same day/location. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines