• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[LOCKED] Consistency

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator locked for repeated insertion of email signature that contains personal information.]

I submitted the attached images. One was approved. The others were rejected for intellectual property. I had the proper model release and property release. Which is it?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Chances are the IP violation is for other the Abu Garcia For Life logo on the cap or the Mossy Oak logo on the pants.  Were you able to get property releases for both of those brands?  If you didn't have property releases for the cap, then I would guess that your first photo, where the complete logo wasn't visible, was the one that was approved.  I am not sure if the reviewers noticed the Mossy Oak logo, but it is also visible in most of your pictures.  I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chances are the IP violation is for other the Abu Garcia For Life logo on the cap or the Mossy Oak logo on the pants.  Were you able to get property releases for both of those brands?  If you didn't have property releases for the cap, then I would guess that your first photo, where the complete logo wasn't visible, was the one that was approved.  I am not sure if the reviewers noticed the Mossy Oak logo, but it is also visible in most of your pictures.  I hope this helps.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And don't forget the oil container. With fishing, check out the tackle too; a lot has logos or unique, recognisable designs... I know it's hard to stage a catch like that, but you really need to approach it like a studio shot, carefully staging and selecting every part of background (boat), props (tackle and boat stuff) and clothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Mike Gnatkowski
[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]

Create your own email signature
<>
Thanks. The most important part was it made the cover of Great Lake Angler
which I got paid more for than I'm ever going to make for it on here. The
attached image will be on the GLA August/September cover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Mike Gnatkowski
[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]

<>

I had a release for Abu Garcia. I didn't notice the Mossy Oak. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logos, even with a property release, are a no go.

@Verbbaitum : As one was accepted, that was accepted by error. Don't make us lose our time with those quizes. And delete your e-mail signature before responding by e-mail. No need to attach a file, e-mails are text only.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Mike Gnatkowski
<>
Why have property releases then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know that you can be banned as your signature contains also your website and that violates the terms of use of these fora. Sorry to have to point it out again.

I will reread the contributor requirements, just to check. Property releases give you the right to publish pictures that would be otherwise unpublishable. Logos are very specific properties. I feel that the assets should be refused on that grounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Verbbaitum ,

There are other issues such as overexposure and color fringing as in this screenshot.

Details are lost in the highlighted areas.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1657832180268.png

Zoom in at between 100 and 200% to inspect for these issues in the rest of your file. The three latter files I look at are slightly overexposed.

You'll get some insight about property release guidelines here. There are some Adobe guidelines that you must observe to get your files approved. Also this link will help you to identify and correct other issues that can cause rejections. 

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should go back and re-read the responses forum members gave you last time you posted about this.  All of that awesome advice applies to these photos as well.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more trap in the IP area: name checking the magazine in the title it keywords. A magazine cover is editorial use and has much less stringent IP rules than an advert (which could be for a rival brand, a holiday, or an anti-fishing campaign...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Mike Gnatkowski

<>
The image in question was used on a magazine cover. I still retain the
rights and how it is used. First North American serial rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magazines also may get paid by the brand for showing their brand prominently. It's a different business. 🤫

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Mike Gnatkowski

<>

You're right. It's called advertising or marketing. Just submitted a dozen
images. 11 were approved. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really would hate to report you for spamming. please delete your signature from your e-mails when responding here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Mike Gnatkowski
[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers. Last warning: web sites violate the forum's terms of use. See 1 and after 5: https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td....]
<>
How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Account Settings in your profile and update the signature field.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jill_C wrote:

Go to Account Settings in your profile and update the signature field.

It's an e-mail signature, depending on @Verbbaitum's e-mail. If he doesn't know to get rid of that, he should answer via the web side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last warning for your signature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines