Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for feedback on my rejected photos

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! 

I'm new to the community and I would appreciate some feedback to get more pictures approved in the future. So far I've uploaded 4 photos, I got 2 approved but the following 2 were rejected. I've been reading other posts and I'm checking them at 200% looking for issues. Could it be that they may look over-processed? I only tried to reduce the noise on both. 

The first one (feathers) was rejected because of an artifacts problem.  

The second one (vegetables) for technical issues. 

Thank you! 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Both have underexposed shadows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Hello,

As others have said - it is too dark; you need to balance the lighting more. Have a look at the histogram in your photo editor. It can tell you a lot about the range from shadows to highlights:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/how-to-read-a-histogram.html

Take care about focus as well. I think the focus could be better on the vege photo for instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both have underexposed shadows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the feedback, Ralph! Do you think it's worth it to resubmit if I correct the shadows? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the feedback, Ralph! Do you think it's worth it to resubmit if I correct the shadows? 

By @XanyMV

The pictures also have sharpness problems, may be because of the noise reduction, may be because of the focus.

The vegetable picture has all details flattened out.

If you can't correct that, no need to resubmit.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

50% acceptance isn't bad for a beginner. That's better than most first efforts.

• Too little light causes noise and loss of details. 
  • Too much light causes burn out and loss of details. 
  • Proper lighting is crucial.

Since you're new, read these links:

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your comments, Nancy! I'll try to balance out the lighting and I'll sure be checking all the resources on the links. I appreciate it 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @XanyMV,

Welcome to Adobe and the community.

When you zoom up to 200% you should see some royal blue spots on the feathers. Also if you look carefully around the edge you see the royal blue color. All that are artifacts. To be more specific the color dots are color noise or otherwise referred to as chromatic noise. There are also some luminance. The color around the edge is chromatic aberration or simply color fringing. 

The framing was also underexposed.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1657244729068.png

Too much of the next photo is out of focus. Also there's too much of a dynamic range and you underexposed. Some ares are over exposed while others are underexposed to the point of loss of details.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As others have said - it is too dark; you need to balance the lighting more. Have a look at the histogram in your photo editor. It can tell you a lot about the range from shadows to highlights:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/how-to-read-a-histogram.html

Take care about focus as well. I think the focus could be better on the vege photo for instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines