Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking to get some feedback on "technical issue" rejections

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Hoping to get some insight into why the photos below may have been rejected - still new to stock photos and determining what will constitute a technical issue.

0168: I was thinking maybe the highlights on the roots were blown out? However, I also looked up a picture of the same tree and this photo seems to have the sky more overexposed: 386087550 So maybe it is something else?

1125: Is it because not all of the ants are in focus? Was really just trying to get those individuals extending themselves off the leaf.

1364/1364: There's a twig in front of the gecko's face?

Thank you for your feedback and advice!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Hi @Michael B. Kowalski , it is really important to review your photos at 100%-200% magnification.  It's easier to spot some issues than when you are looking at the image zoomed out. 

0168:  is a bit underexposed.  Shadows could be lightened and highlights reduced.  The biggest issue though is the noise / grain which is very noticeable at 100% magnification.  You may be able to correct and have it accepted, but review it at 100% before you resubmit.

1125:  You are correct about the ants not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael B. Kowalski , it is really important to review your photos at 100%-200% magnification.  It's easier to spot some issues than when you are looking at the image zoomed out. 

0168:  is a bit underexposed.  Shadows could be lightened and highlights reduced.  The biggest issue though is the noise / grain which is very noticeable at 100% magnification.  You may be able to correct and have it accepted, but review it at 100% before you resubmit.

1125:  You are correct about the ants not being in focus, but it is another case too of being underexposed and very noisy.  I think even if you corrected for the noise, it still wouldn't get accepted because of the lack of focus on the ants.

1364:  You are correct about the twigs.  Composition is another technical issue and unfortunately the blurred twigs distracted from the shot.  I would also say the white balance is too yellow and could be adjusted.  Very impressive focus though on the eyes and the mosquitoes.  I'm not sure how good your Photoshop skills are, but you may be able to remove the offending twigs and resubmit.

1362:  Somewhat underexposed again (take a look at your histogram), and the white balance is too yellow again.  I think composition is also an issue with the distracting out of focus green leaves on the right.  I think if you cropped it differently and made the other adjustments this one would probably get accepted.

I hope this helps.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to give me some advice.  I'll definitely make sure to review at 100-200% before submitting in the future for noise and stuff like that.  Photoshop skills are not great, I mostly send everything through Lightroom.  A lot of my subjects are wildlife in closed forest settings with limited lighting so I am always fighting for more light, which is when the higher ISO and wide open F-stops enters the fray.  But thank you again, very useful tips.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike, I would continue to increase the ISO, but be careful with the F stops.  The noise you can fix in Lightroom, the focus and depth of field you can't.  Best of luck with your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines