• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Adobe - Fotolia Video Acceptance Rate Variance

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Good Wasting upload time on 500 videos!

Recently it looks like Adobe connected all the dots on absorbing FOTOLIA and all my video files into the Adobe Creative Cloud. After receiving a recent payout from a clip sale via Adobe I thought this buyout was a good thing so I started uploading 4K video clips to Adobe a few weeks ago which was a almost total waste of time!

I was happy running with Fotolia. My acceptance rate on Fotoilta was over 70% but now 99% of my last 500 submissions were rejected for tagging issues...and these are all 4K video clips! Also high percentage of "Intellectual Property" rejections of LANDSCAPE video clips with no buildings or famous or owned landmarks visable.

Seems like a lame waste of time here ADOBE...Neck pains that I didn't get with FOTOLIA!

Wish the cataloging tagging guidelines were were more specific and explanatory.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks from San Diego.

Stuart E.

XcorpsTV

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please share some screenshots of your rejected assets so that our experts can help you with more information.

Moving this discussion to Stock Contributor Critique​

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twartita...Thanks for the response...much appreciated!

Ok I'll grab some screen shots and send them your way.

Looking forward to working with Adobe.

Cheers!

Stuart.

J.Stuart Edmondson

executive producer??

​(moderator deleted private information. Please do not add your signature when answering via e-mail)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more insight into your footage, no one can give you advice. However the following should be considered:

The latest submissions were moderated by the same people regardless if they were submitted to Fotolia or stock. Adobe has, however, increased the quality requirements quite a lot against the Fotolia early requirements. So assets submitted before would have a difficult time in moderation today.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks "Jive" Abamo for the feedback. OK I'll live with it. It's an ADOBE Cloud WORLD!

Stay Tuned!

Stuart.

J.Stuart Edmondson

executive producer

​(moderator deleted private information. Please do not add your signature when answering via e-mail)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: Jive is the forum software Adobe uses... Abambo is my screen name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JSE Films, Sorry about your plight. I can understand how you feel. I too started out getting 99.9% rejections. I now understand the basics, and am getting over 80% acceptance. You too can achieve that in short order if you work along with us.

It would appear, your videos are good, but just need to get some details ironed out. Let's start with the ones with tagging issue. That should be easy to address for reupload. Please share with us the tags and caption of one of the videos that was rejected for tagging issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi therejacquelingphoto2017 - Thanks for your response to my post. It's all good...my overall STOCK experiences with Fotolia have been great and I'm inspired by the Adobe Stock opportunities and growth of this industry!

Thank-You very much for your help!

JSE/XCTV

Right now on Adobe I have about 100 4K video clips recently uploaded but were rejected because of DATA issues. Most of the time when choosing data tag words I use the REFRESH AUTO-TAG option to pick most of the tags and then add a few tags myself specific to the clip location which is not accurate with Auto-Tag.

Here are the tags I used on this rejected example:

surfing, surfers, encinitas, encinitas california, sunset, environment, remote, scenery, palms, pacific ocean, san diego, moonlight beach, leisure, vacations, holiday, relax, fun, sun, play, beach, beaches, ocean, coastline, san diego california, coastal, swamis, storm, winds, waves, cardiff

(Also the Adobe stated submit time is off saying it was uploaded 11 months ago. I uploaded this clip 2 weeks ago)

SWAMIS Point Encinitas California – Sunset 8 Sunset over the Beach April 15, 2018 A JSE Film Xcorps TV ©2019 J.Stuart Edmondson

Submitted 11 months ago

Data Issue

Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your file.

During our review, we found that it contains certain keyword or title errors.

We're not refusing your file outright, but we're placing it on hold until you correct the issue and resubmit the file.

Issues to review and correct include the following:

•   Keywording language: The keywords must match the selected language.

•   Keywording order: Keywords must be ordered by relevancy, not alphabetically.

•   Title or Keyword compliance: Information must be relevant, not offensive nor violate copyright.

You still have a few days to modify this information by going to the My Files<https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/en/uploads> section of your Fotolia account. If no modifications are made, the file will be removed from the database.

File ID: 200751541

Original name: jseSwamisPaddleBall2.MOV

J.Stuart Edmondson

The X Corps - Action Sports Television

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JSE Films

The story I gather is that it was evening sunset with the sun visible. Surfers were surfing at a remote beach by the name of Moonlight Beach at cardif, Encinitas, San Diego, California. There was strong wind. Also in the scene were in excess of one Hindu male religious teacher.

If the above description of your video is correct, then there would be one problem. I do not understand how storm fits in with sun. Usually if there is a storm there would be heavy storm clouds that would cover the sun. Your keywords have to be relevant, and describe the scene.

Also you could set your title as Surfing at Swamis Point Encinitas at Sunset. More people from the bigger search engines would be looking for surfing. The first words in your title is critical for those search.

That is the only issue I find. I don't know if Abambo​ can identify any other.

Go to the Reminder Link on your page, or the one they send you. Make the correction and resubmit.

You will find this link very useful for titles and keywording Create titles and keywords to help content sell .

Take notes from the link and make correction based on what is outlined in the suggestion and guideline and let us know the result.

I hope this helps

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JSE Films

If you don't mind, can you upload to this forum one of the videos you describe as having no reason for a release but was rejected for Intellectual Property violation? The link for the upload is the 8th icon on the menu bar of the text field you type your message in. We would be ale to look to see if we can identify the reason for the rejection.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacquelin,

It is only possible to share a link to the video with us. OP could use dropbox or creative cloud space or similar for this. The forum does not allow for attaching anything or uploading anything. You can only insert a picture here. This has been done for a maximum of security but is somehow limiting if you want shareing things like PDF files or video data.

Also OP should be aware that this is a public forum, so anything he or she shares can be downloaded and viewed by anyone. So I suggest to upload only a watermarked version knowing that the real video uploaded to stocks should not be watermarked.

Abambo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Abambo. In that case probably the most helpful suggestion, with less hassle would be to ask JSE Films to share the file numbers of a few and loop Mat in for assistance. I believe all is needed is to get a clear understanding of why the videos were rejected for intellectual violation so that he knows what he's doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it needs to be the keywords... encinitas is not English isn’t? Sounds Spanish to me? As I’m not native speaker, I’m missing sometimes nuances for some words I would never use (like ersatz or kindergarden) except when I really know that they are used in English.

Please check the keywordings from an English speaking point of view without Spanish/French/German background. I’m sure you can do that. If you do not find anything suspect alien, call Mat. This is the keyentry: Re: Major Adobe - Fotolia Video Acceptance Rate Variance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo

Encinitas is the name of a place. Therefore that should not be an issue. It is the same no matter where in the world you call it from. It's like Venezuela, Cuba, El Salvador, and in my country (that is English Speaking) Rio Grande, Ocho Rios none of which are English names.

Oh and incidentally Kindergarden is used in English.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jacquelingphoto2017  wrote

Oh and incidentally Kindergarden is used in English.

I know. But I need to memorize those words as use in English like Angst...

https://forums.adobe.com/people/JSE%20FiLms :

What is the exact title of your film? Looking here Re: Major Adobe - Fotolia Video Acceptance Rate Variance ,  I have the impression that the title includes your company name, which would be a refusal reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The title should be not too long and describe the video/image.

Keywords should be relevant to the image as well, so I agree with Jacquelin that 'storm' is irrelevant and could be a problem.

Make sure that the keywords selected ie English, is the same as you are writing in - English.

Latin names and names of places, of course, can be in the original language.

(Abambo, Jacquelin, By the way, Kindergarden ------ Kindergarten  - children's garden; English uses a lot of 'borrowing words' from other languages...)

If this was your title:

'SWAMIS Point Encinitas California – Sunset 8 Sunset over the Beach April 15, 2018 A JSE Film Xcorps TV ©2019 J.Stuart Edmondson'

Then this would most probably be the reason why!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines