• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a living with stock photography

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I just started photographing for stock. Loading in a few places. Not much money it seems. I love photography and want to make a living doing it. I have a disabled child and need to work from home. I'm a little discouraged. Any advice or positive thoughts to keep me going? 

Thank you...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Hi @Gayle5C93,

If you're talented, dedicated and persistent, you could build up a sufficient Stock Collection to make a decent passive income to help supplement your other income.

Photographer Alexandre Rotenberg estimates that to earn a decent passive income of say $500 USD/month, you’ll need to have uploaded at least 6,000 commercial quality stock images in a variety of subjects. 

https://shotkit.com/making-money-with-stock-photography/

Also If you had told me in early 2020 that images of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gayle5C93,

If you're talented, dedicated and persistent, you could build up a sufficient Stock Collection to make a decent passive income to help supplement your other income.

Photographer Alexandre Rotenberg estimates that to earn a decent passive income of say $500 USD/month, you’ll need to have uploaded at least 6,000 commercial quality stock images in a variety of subjects. 

https://shotkit.com/making-money-with-stock-photography/

Also If you had told me in early 2020 that images of people wearing surgical masks would be the latest trend, I probably would have said "you're out of your mind."  🙂   Then Covid hit.  Whenever possible, be a trend-setter, not a follower.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Commerical quality is the keyword here, so that doesn't mean holiday snaps, arty type photos, not even fine art type photos, but rather photos that can be used to illustrate a point, concept, idea, or to sell something. That's why it is important to keep up to date on the latest trends! It is not as easy as it sounds and can take a lot of effort!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines