Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Minority of nominated for free asset selected

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI
I'm slightly dissapointed to read that from the 469 assets only ...7... were selected. And all of them are from last year selection.
So: yet another Adobe bug, consuming time from contributors. Or will the rest be selected later?
Anyone in the same situation?
Thanks for your awesome help and positive comments.
TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I am not competent enough in this matter to answer you.

But I have a similar subject question — how to nominate photo for a free collection? How does the process work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe selects photo's and nominates them each year in May. You can 'opt out'. The by end of june they let you know which whan were selected.

So, that's the question: why nominate 469 by adobe and the select only 7. And the same ones as last year. Sounds like a bug to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteBut I have a similar subject question — how to nominate photo for a free collection? How does the process work?

By @JuliO111

Adobe selects a number of your assets that you can nominate for the free selection. After your nomination, Adobe adds 0 to all of your nominated assets. You need to wait now a full year for the next nominations. In several weeks, I suppose, they open the vector assets and video assets for the free collection. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why all this fuss about Adobe's curated FREE collection?

It's a very small subset of Stock's 200 million+ other assets.

If you qualify, you'll be notified in your Contributor panel. 

Adobe hand picks assets to ensure there's a proper balance of categories between free and paid content.

If yours are accepted, they are featured free for 12 months. At the end of 12 months, Adobe may renew them for another 12 months unless you opt out of the free collection program.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/free-collection-contributor-information.html

How is any of this an Adobe bug?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woops, did I said something wrong?

Yes I think it's a bug and in no way a hand picked process.

Why? Because last year a reasonable amount of the nominated was selected. Now , only the last year selected where re-selected and not all the +- 460 new ones.

Why the fuss? Because 5x469USD is quiet a bit of money.

Can I please ask you not to answer if you have no single clue what is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think it's a bug and in no way a hand picked process.

By @Werner22361781mr90

It's not a bug. There is no obligation for Adobe to select your assets, and when they select again what had been selected a year before, they do that. You are in no obligation to nominate any of your assets. 

As there are more and more assets in the database, expect the number of selected assets to go down. The free collection is a teaser for users, and gets Adobe no earnings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only people who have insights into how assets are curated are the Adobe employees whose job it is to curate collections.

Remember, this is Adobe's party and we are Adobe's invited guests.  With that in mind, seven assets are 100% better than zero assets.  If it was me, I would be grateful to have been chosen at all; not sulking about unfulfilled grandiose expectations.

Maybe next time you'll do better, or maybe not. It's not important enough to dwell on. Work on other projects.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember, this is Adobe's party and we are Adobe's invited guests.  With that in mind, seven assets are 100% better than zero assets.  If it was me, I would be grateful to have been chosen at all; not sulking about unfulfilled grandiose expectations.

By @Nancy OShea

Especially that Adobe pays for those "free" assets. It's not like with other assets, where we get a share of the sales proceedings. Adobe selects pictures that could be nominated, you nominate, Adobe selects 0 to all out of the nominated assets. 

No contributor is obliged to participate in this. Never complain about a free meal. It does not mean a lot of work for me. Select all, take out one or two that I do not want to see in the free colletion, that's it. Wait for the result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a bug. Many contributors are reporting a similar very low acceptance rate. I attribute it to the fact that there is a lot more competition as the database has grown dramatically in the past year. Adobe has not increased the size of the Free Collection, but they have many more assets from which to choose to populate that collection.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no guarantee that your assets will enter the free pool. Why should that be a bug? If you are disapointed, don't select any assets next year. 

Why is that consuming time? I add all assets, and unselect those that I do not want to enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Werner22361781mr90 ,

It is my observation that Adobe select all files from among those having downloads that are eligible for selection for the Free Collection. After the nomination period then the actual selection for the Free Collection takes place.  So the 469 files were eligible but the selection was not yet. The selection is after the nomination period. During the nomination period the amount would be shortlisted by contributors who opt out, or deselect files. It's unlikely that all nominated files would make it. In your case 7 did, congratulations. 

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines