• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobil phone Photos rejected for technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These is my first submission to Stock and do not know what went wrong.  If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

These photos were all rejected for tech issues.  The photos are all at public parks and not easily identifiable, as far as I can tell. 

Also, photos are all taken with my Galaxy Note 9.  Perhaps there is a setting that will help me take acceptable photos for Stock.  I read that Stock accepts mobil phone photos.  Is there more I need to know about submitting mobil photos?

Thank you in advance!

Stephanie

20210221_114133.jpg20210221_114609.jpg20210221_123628.jpg20210221_125346.jpg20210221_115313.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Hi @StephanieJane5,

Welcome to Stock Contributors.

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for their million dollar commercial ads. See links below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

I won't tell you not to use a mobile phone camera because they are convenient and simple to operate.  But it won't be easy to get highest picture quality wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Hello,

You also need to think about the composition of your photos. The composition isn't very good I'm afraid.

The sun in the fourth photo shows a white burnt-out blob.

Thought needs to be put in for stock photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @StephanieJane5,

Welcome to Stock Contributors.

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for their million dollar commercial ads. See links below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

I won't tell you not to use a mobile phone camera because they are convenient and simple to operate.  But it won't be easy to get highest picture quality without going the extra distance to reduce grain, motion and unwanted artifacts. Examine your images at 100-200% magnfication and you will see focus problems.

Get a camera with highest mega pixels possible.  Clean your lens and sensor. Use manual focus and settings.   Steady yourself against a solid object or use a special tripod.  See link below for more tips.

https://toughnickel.com/self-employment/Create-Passive-Income-With-Stock-Photography-On-Your-Mobile-....

I love the turtles 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy for the feed back.  Photography is my new hobby.  Eventually, my intention is to purchase a good camera.  Any suggestions for a camera that will do well for me starting out.  Would be great if a camera could "grow" with me as my skills improve.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you again,

Steph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @StephanieJane5,

I like Canon and Nikon.  Price isn't always an indication of quality.  But a good entry-level DSLR with good lenses won't be cheap. Budget accordingly and get what you can comfortably afford. See link below.

https://photographylife.com/best-entry-level-dslrs

Do enroll in some photography courses where you'll learn composition, lighting and photographic technique.  Have fun!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You also need to think about the composition of your photos. The composition isn't very good I'm afraid.

The sun in the fourth photo shows a white burnt-out blob.

Thought needs to be put in for stock photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for the advice!  This is a learning process and I am enjoing the journey.

Steph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Firstly, when Stock refers to "tech issues," it usually means that there are technical problems with the photo that prevent it from being used. These issues can range from poor lighting, focus problems, to noise, and other technical problems. You may want to review your photos to see if there are any obvious technical problems that need to be addressed.

Secondly, while mobile phone cameras are becoming increasingly popular for stock photography, there are still some limitations to their capabilities. In particular, mobile phone cameras may not perform well in low-light conditions, and they may struggle with capturing detail in complex scenes or scenes with fast movement. As a result, you may need to experiment with different lighting conditions and angles to get the best results.

To help ensure that your photos meet the quality standards required for Stock, here are a few suggestions:

1. Check your camera settings: Make sure that your camera is set to capture images at the highest possible resolution and quality. This will ensure that your images are sharp and detailed, which is essential for stock photography.

2. Focus on composition: Take the time to carefully compose your images, paying attention to the rule of thirds and other principles of good composition. This will help ensure that your images are visually appealing and engaging.

3. Experiment with lighting: Different lighting conditions can dramatically affect the look and feel of your images. Experiment with different lighting conditions to see what works best for your subject matter.

4. Avoid using filters: While filters can be fun to play around with, they can also diminish the quality of your images. Avoid using filters when taking photos for stock photography, and instead, focus on capturing images that are as clean and natural-looking as possible.

I hope these tips help you take better photos for Stock in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines