• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Model Release Question

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to the Adobe Contributors Platform and just recently registered.  I have enoromous amount of photography I did many years ago in Archive.  I like to use my photography as a new Adobe Contributor because it's beautiful work from two decades of work.  I always had paid models sign a release which I have documented.  But the question I see when looking a Adobe Contributors Guidelines; they ask that photo id be provided along with the sign model releases.  I don't have copies of id's with my sign model releases from past works.  Like I said I have tons of past work and I have never been asked to provide that before.  Most of the  works are from 1998 to 2010.  Will the signed models release be sufficent for the guidelines?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

With the exception of nude photography, we do not require an ID card in addition to the release. Please let me know if you have found documentation online that contradicts that so I can take a look.

Is it possibly you are referencing the recommendation for a reference photo on the release? If so, this is not mandatory either. 

See HERE for more information on release requirements. 

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you didn't get a copy of their ID to verify they were legal adults at the time of filming?  Or a signed release and ID from their legal parent or guardian?  OUCH! 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Nancy for reply, it's appreciated.  I've worked both in the fashion and music industry for 20 yrs. and back in the 90's and mid-2000's we cheched State ID's and Drivers License for the Purporse of 1099's for Payment, Taxes and Age.  Once Models were verified and for privacy purposes, the models signed the releases prior to photoshoot.  There was no mandatory adding of ID's added to Model Release Forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addemdum.  I'm still trying to figure out this platform, so please forgive the grammatical errors.  They don't allow for edits once you post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe Stock Contributor support directly and ask them for clarification on this. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thanks Nancy for responding to me; it's very much appreciate.  I've been traveling since last I posted on this plaform so I just now seen your 2nd response. I will take your advice and contact Adobe Stock Contributors directly.  Is there a specific phone number or email address?  Because all I see is this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the exception of nude photography, we do not require an ID card in addition to the release. Please let me know if you have found documentation online that contradicts that so I can take a look.

Is it possibly you are referencing the recommendation for a reference photo on the release? If so, this is not mandatory either. 

See HERE for more information on release requirements. 

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although Mat is saying that a reference photo is not required on the release, when I try to use the Adobe Sign release, that process does require what it calls a Portrait.  It won't let you submit the release for emailing without that photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although Mat is saying that a reference photo is not required on the release, when I try to use the Adobe Sign release, that process does require what it calls a Portrait.  It won't let you submit the release for emailing without that photo.

By @Bernie33

You do not need the ID card, but you need a reference picture of the model. See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/model-release.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You MatHayward.  I so Appreciate Your Help and the Adobe Support Community.  I look forward to contributing my Beautiful Work Soon.  I'm Sooooo Excited!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines