• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Model Release request on fictional illustration

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm being asked for a model release on a submitted illustration. 

The illustration (attached) was created by me, without reference to any living human being. It also only features a small part of a (fictional) face. 

There was/is no model to talk to. I own everything and am the sole creator of this piece of artwork. 

I can't find a way to actually talk to anyone from Adobe, so what the hell do I do?  

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

"I own everything and am the sole creator of this piece of artwork. "

Exactly, YOU own it. A buyer who wants to use it in a commercial product needs the right to do so, that's why you have to add a property release.

Same thing if you submit pictures taken with a tripod and yourself in it, you need to add a model release form (in that case you'd be both the photographer and model).

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Are they asking for a MODEL release? Or an IP release? Very different. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

No, not a new thing! Just a moderator laying out the rules more stringently. I would resubmit with a property release. If that does not help, you can contact contributor support: Need help? (stock contributor support) 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I own everything and am the sole creator of this piece of artwork. "

Exactly, YOU own it. A buyer who wants to use it in a commercial product needs the right to do so, that's why you have to add a property release.

Same thing if you submit pictures taken with a tripod and yourself in it, you need to add a model release form (in that case you'd be both the photographer and model).

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha. Thanks @MNiessenPhoto that does help. 

Is it a new thing? Because I have many prior submissions and have never been asked for a release form. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not a new thing! Just a moderator laying out the rules more stringently. I would resubmit with a property release. If that does not help, you can contact contributor support: Need help? (stock contributor support) 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. Thanks @Abambo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they asking for a MODEL release? Or an IP release? Very different. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Test Screen Name  I took another look and it was a property release. SO I've gone back through and sorted everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines