• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Model Release videographer vs company name Adobe Stock Contributor

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Model Release for video content was rejected because the videographer named on the Model Release did not match the company profile owner name in Adobe Stock.

We are husband and wife photographers and videographers under one business name and one Adobe Stock account. My husband sometimes operates the camera, but it is my business and I direct all phases of the business. When my husband is operating the camera it is clear my business owns the rights to the shoot as he is pushing the button as a support to my business. 

First, several model releases have his name as photographer. In the future they will always have my name on them, but what may I do to resolve this with completed model releases that have his name on them to get the content through the Adobe Stock Model Release review process correctly. I can't go back to models that are in remote locations and countries and have them sign new model releases.

Second, my business name on the model release is Global Otter LLC but my company name on my Adobe Stock account is bRollGO, which is a DBA (Doing Business As) of Global Otter LLC. Do I need to change my business name to bRollGO a DBA of Global Otter LLC on my Adobe Stock account and profile? 

I want to comply, I could really use some assistance in doing so. How may I do this? Do I need to chat or call Adobe Stock for this direction; is there an appropriate phone number to call? Any help is appreciated, I have tens of thousands of dollars invested into equipment and content without the ability to revise model releases.

BTW (Fun Fact), the GO in bRollGO is an acronym for Global Otter, my business name.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong, but I believe Adobe stock only contracts with individuals, not companies, and you cannot submit the work of any other individual or company. That way the chain of copyright remains clear, and is only one step from Adobe. It's also not clear you are allowed to operate a single Adobe stock account, since that would imply you share the Adobe ID, which is forbidden by the Adobe license, just as it is forbidden (for example) to share a subscription to Creative Cloud, even with family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those releases can't be used with YOUR Contributor agreement, sorry.   Your husband will need to create his own account if he wants to contribute to Stock.

Read the the Submission Requirements carefully.  If you have questions, consult your attorney.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html

Under Content Ownership:

Understand copyright.

You must own or control all the rights to the files you submit to Adobe Stock. Don’t submit files that don’t belong to you, such as photos taken by your spouse. Don’t incorporate anything into your content that was created by someone else — not even images you got from a website that allows free downloads — unless you have a complete property release from the owner of the other content. 

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about that, but you should have read the guidelines before creating the model releases:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/model-release.html

The name of the photographer needs to be the same as the Adobe Stock account holder name.

You could always try to see if there is a possibility, that these model releases can be accepted: Need help? (Stock Contributor Support) 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines