• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple themes in a photo

Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for an example, if I have multiple themes in a photo. For example, this is the image.

MRKY0011.jpg

A theme can be for the upcoming National Children's Day, or for the upcoming Smile Day, or maybe even summer. Should I go for one single theme in my keywords section or go for just one? Also, I made this for the Ukrainian crisis, or should I go for this theme instead?
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

If I understand your request well, you are asking this as a contributor. I wouldn't go for themes, at least not in the first part of the keywords. I would go for a description of what is pictured. Keywording is an art on its own. If you get the correct keywords, you sell. The wrong keywords keep your picture undiscovered in the database.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/keyword-tutorial.html

(moving this to the contributor forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your request well, you are asking this as a contributor. I wouldn't go for themes, at least not in the first part of the keywords. I would go for a description of what is pictured. Keywording is an art on its own. If you get the correct keywords, you sell. The wrong keywords keep your picture undiscovered in the database.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/keyword-tutorial.html

(moving this to the contributor forum)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and thanks for merging and moving, I couldn't find the delete button, when I saw I 've put it in the wrong forum.

And is it really better to include cca 20 keywords, because when I use synonyms, just one word, like ''woman'' can get me, ''miss, mother, female, lady, wife, she, etc. and that is just one word. So sometimes even 50 feels are not enough. But I will try to keep it simple and precise as you guys and Mat suggested. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and thanks for merging and moving, I couldn't find the delete button, when I saw I 've put it in the wrong forum.

By @Marko Subotin

There are reasons for the restrictions!

There is no delete button in this forum, even for forum moderators like me. But I can move “out of sight” which is technically equivalent to delete. Beginners even can't edit their posts.

You can always ask for deleting. If you can edit, you can also edit out all and simply replace it with “please delete”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks Abambo 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome and good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A theme can be for the upcoming National Children's Day, or for the upcoming Smile Day, or maybe even summer. Should I go for one single theme in my keywords section or go for just one? Also, I made this for the Ukrainian crisis, or should I go for this theme instead?
Thanks.

MRKY0011.jpg

[merging this with duplicate]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I would focus on the keywords of the image itself rather than a theme per se.  If you prioritise your keywords such as mother, child, smile, embrace, field, etc. more people might find it and use the image rather than if you focused on something like "Smile Day".  Of course there is nothing wrong with adding keywords for your multiple themes as long as they are appropriate.  You are probably already aware, but the first 10 keywords are weighted the heaviest for the search query.

If you want to promote this image for Ukraine, consider changing the sky to one that is more blue.  That way it might look more like the Ukrainian flag.  Just a suggestion.

For more information on keywords, check out this link:

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to promote this image for Ukraine, consider changing the sky to one that is more blue.  That way it might look more like the Ukrainian flag.  Just a suggestion.

Thanks and that was my intent in the first place, glad you saw it, this is just an unedited version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines