• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My content was rejected, any tips and can editing fix it?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also uploaded these images to Shutterstock and they say that it's issues with focus and noise. I just want to know if editing can fix any of the issues or if they're all bad photos.

With these keyboard ones, I assume that the issue is the dust? If so then I can just use a blemish tool to get rid of them and any kind of imperfections.

Experimental 9.jpegKeyboard.jpeg

This one hasn't been reviewed yet from Adobe but Shutterstock says there's compression issues?

Niagara Falls Cable Car View.jpg

The focal point is the running water, the trees are just background though I see some noise caused by the sun.

Autumn Waterview.jpeg 

I wanted everything to be in the shot, I didn't want to blur out the sky or clouds. On top of that, not every subject needs to be extremely focused to be a focal point, the bright pink of the blossoms along witht the texture made the tree stand out.

Pink Blossoms.jpg

Any feedback would be nice, I'm just a bit disappointed because these are some of my best pictures, I'm hoping that these are minor and fixable issues. 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Hi @alex._.se ,

All these images are not completely in focus. It would appear for those you take closeup you either went too close or your camera is set at too much of a shallow depth of field. The others definitely have a depth of field issue. You need smaller aperture to take distant subjects such as landscapes. You can't save out of focus photos. Zoom in on your images at between 100 and 200% to inspect them for flaws.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

If the focus was fixed you would get an IP rejection. There is no brand on it, but these appear to be recognisable Apple brand keyboards. Apple will not allow you to make money with pictures of their products. A generic PC keyboard with no brand would be fine. (Also less cool!)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Hello,

I also see focus problems in all the pictures. You do need the main subject to be sharp and in focus. With the blossoms, even though you wanted them to stand out against the blue sky, the blossoms themselves should be sharp. Unfortunately, they're not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alex._.se ,

All these images are not completely in focus. It would appear for those you take closeup you either went too close or your camera is set at too much of a shallow depth of field. The others definitely have a depth of field issue. You need smaller aperture to take distant subjects such as landscapes. You can't save out of focus photos. Zoom in on your images at between 100 and 200% to inspect them for flaws.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback! I definetely see the issues with depth of field, the landscapes are older so I was probably using the auto setting instead of the landscape setting which would explain why the camera was focused onto the water. 

The rest were taken on my iPhone XS, on the second image I was definetely too close to the object. For the keyboard close up and the tree it might have been dirty lens, camera shake or the fact that I was using a cellphone camera instead of a proper one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @alex._.se ,

No cell phone camera is available today that have settings with depth of field adequate to capture photos like that of the flowers. Also the sensor is too small to capture details of flowers at that distance.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the focus was fixed you would get an IP rejection. There is no brand on it, but these appear to be recognisable Apple brand keyboards. Apple will not allow you to make money with pictures of their products. A generic PC keyboard with no brand would be fine. (Also less cool!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that sucks! I might try again with another keyboard and better focus to see if it works out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for "computer keyboard" in Adobe Stock and you will see that there are already 1.1 million images in the database, so it's hard to imagine that you could come up with one unique enough to actually capture the attention of Buyers. There are actually >3,800 matches for computer+keyboard+dirty - some of them really gross !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, it's hard to come across unique objects to photograph that don't already have hundreds of thousands of images. Also some of those keyboards  gross, sadly I don't have a keyboard that is that  dirty. For now I'll just stick to taking pictures of random things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I also see focus problems in all the pictures. You do need the main subject to be sharp and in focus. With the blossoms, even though you wanted them to stand out against the blue sky, the blossoms themselves should be sharp. Unfortunately, they're not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines