Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Contributor Account Experiencing Unusual Downloading Activity

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
Why is My Contributor Account Experiencing Unusual Downloading Activity?
I Have Never Experienced Anything Like This, There Was a Surge in Downloads With a Greater Number Than Usual, This Spike in Download Activity Occurred on 5 September 2023 With 27 Downloads, and on 12 September 2023 With 27 Downloads.
From What I Have Seen on Various Social Media, There Were Several Contributors Who Ended Up Being Banned by Adobe After Their Assets Experienced an Unusual Spike in Download Activity.
I'm Afraid That This Spike in Download Activity Will Be Recorded as Illegal Activity by the Adobe Stock System and Will Result in My Account Being Banned Too.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange indeed. Both days were 27 downloads and exactly one week apart.Was it the same image?

Unfortunately, you have no way of controling who downloaded your images.

My suggestion is not to do anything. Mabe I am wrong, but contributors have reported here that they informed Adobe and their account was suspended pending an investigation. Also if you try to collect your earnings, chances are that the downloads will be noticed and could also result in an investigation.

I would wait sometime beforee drawing attention to my account.

But, like I said. Maybe I am wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been suggested by Adobe reps on the Discord channel that you report a surge of downloads to them. They may or may not investigate, but at least you're on record at having reported the suspicious activity. By the way, you do not need to capitalize every word in your post.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From What I Have Seen on Various Social Media, There Were Several Contributors Who Ended Up Being Banned by Adobe After Their Assets Experienced an Unusual Spike in Download Activity.

By @stayweird

At first, 25 downloads do not seem a lot. But you need to check also the time stamps. If there are only seconds in between, they are probably from the same person. If not, they may be from different individuals.

What is told on various social media is not always very accurate. Report the sales. That's always well done: Need help? (Stock Contributor Support) 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stayweird ,

It's not a good thing to jump the gun or jump to conclusion prematurely. There are legitimate reasons for a download spike. If a buyer comes across your portfolio and likes it, he can choose to download several of your files as often as he wants. That will not cause a band on your account. Also multiple people can download at the same time. I believe your account is still active. I suggest you continue your normal routine on the account. If there is an issue, Adobe will eventually notify you. Once you have not violated the contributor contract, terms of use or guidelines, you have nothing to worry about.

On Social Media

There are contributors on social media that report the unusual download spike and are told by Adobe that their accounts are in good standing even getting their royalties and without experiencing account suspension. There's one person that reports more than 3 times your spiked volume in a short time and still have not reported an account suspension. Many suspended accounts are reinstated, but while contributors complain about their account being suspended, they do not report when their accounts are reinstated. 

I suggest you wait until if  an issue is identified, you deal with it at that time. There's no point making a big deal about something that might not have happened.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone has his account blocked for 9 months for reporting unusual sale in his portfolio

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/account-validation-issue-since-9-month... 

the unusual sale/ irregular high sale are the most horror claim ever, since you have no chance to prove youself. And as we're contributor who has no control over sale, once this happen, we have to wait for the investigation to be completed. It could be perpetual wait. I'd be so glad if those blocked account reinstated but they just didn't bother to report their account status. But from my own research it is not so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nannicha5FBD ,

Are you saying the information in the link is the whole story? Also, are you suggesting that if I pay to promote my Adobe portfolio and my promotion proves successful and my sales spike 1,000th times as a result, my portfolio will experience indefinite suspension for irregular sales although that promotion might have created video sales for other contributors? (When you click on a file it shows similar files of other contributors which increase the potential of others getting sales via links other then their own.)

Or, If I share my portfolio link with an individual who six months later (so I cannot establish the link) he decides to download 200 of my files for his projects that my portfolio will be suspended for irregular sales? 

Just think about that, and what kind of company would do something like that. Also, think about the implication for individual portfolio sales. Are you saying that there are restrictions on how many files each individual gets licenced and above that sends off a suspension alarm? 

Think seriously about the implications

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I very occasionally get someone buy a lot like around 100 on the same date and even come back and buy more the next day.  I think it is actually great when that happens and with mine it is usually a specific area like the South Coast of NSW, Australia and my guess is a business just stocked up on their stock images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines