Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My images to stock photos have been in review for several weeks now

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I uploaded 72 photos on stock contributors, and they have been in review for several weeks now. Can you tell me what the problem is?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos, illustrations, or generative AI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is probably that you submitted generative AI and there is a backlog. Adobe is working on the issue by limiting the number of assets someone can have in the moderation queue.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are Generative AI illustrations you can expect to wait 1-2 months for moderation. Meanwhile, confirm that you have followed ALL the guidelines for category, titles and keywords or they will be rejected as soon as the Moderator sees them.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this is it. I have about a 85% acceptance rate for my (i feel weird even calling it mine) AI work but because of the large amount of assets some folks are cranking out, review time has gone from 24-48 hours to about 2 weeks on average, sometimes a month or longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you had moderation in less than a month, recently?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been approximately 3 weeks since I had anything approved/denied in under two weeks. Does that make sense? 🙂

I currently have about 165 images waiting for moderation, and the oldest in that batch are about three months old. That group were portraits initially uploaded in late 2022 but they weren't kicked back to me for missing releases until three months ago, at which point I attached the releases and resubmitted. And now they wait. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds you put more effort into your AI "creations" that others who upload thousands at a time. Have you had any sales of those accepted AI assets yet? 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have sales every day. Several hundred sales so far – 350 so far in 2023 and I don't know how many in 2022. I have about 1200 images accepted since late 2022. I probably spend between 10 minutes and 2 hours color correcting, editing, cleaning up in lightroom & photoshop, and get – if I'm lucky – maybe a single "keeper" out of every 200-500 images generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. In the forums we only ever hear Buyers complaining about the crappy, poor quality, improperly labelled images they come across. And there are apparently many Buyers who wish Adobe had never "polluted" their database with Generative AI assets. So it's interesting that there are good assets that are selling regularly. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers. Yes, it is generative AI. I agree there is a big difference in quality in generative AI, some are WOW and some are crap, but then again, there's also different quality in traditional art and photography. I also think the buyers complaining about AI art on stock photos are the same people who are afraid of the new AI technologies in general. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Joshua, you can call them yours. You thought up the prompt for creating the pictures, chose which of the results are best, probably had a laugh about some of the bad results, edited them... 

The AI doesn't create anything without a human telling it what to do. 

If my husband uses an electric saw to cut wood, it's still him who cut wood 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines