May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I'm amateur photographer
I decided lately to submit my work on stock photo sites and give it a try
This is my first submission which was rejected for technical issues
Unfortunatley, Adobe didn't tell me what exactly is wrong with my photo
So, if you guys can help and tell me what is wrong with the photo so I can improve myself and avoid those technical issues in the future
Thanks in advance

_DSC2526.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Adobe told you what's wrong with the picture: technical issues. And in your case it is bad exposure, the picture is too dark. In addition, you have too much noise.

Abambo_1-1621103257611.png

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

If you come here to argue with Adobe's judgement, you will not progress. The people trying to help are not Adobe's decision makers, they are trying to help you understand how to satisfy their standards and to save you from wasting your time. 

"Adobe did not tell me what exactly technical issues they are." They will not. That would take more time, and Adobe would need employ more moderators. Adobe do not see their task as teaching or developing talent, but only to accept world class photograph

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe told you what's wrong with the picture: technical issues. And in your case it is bad exposure, the picture is too dark. In addition, you have too much noise.

Abambo_1-1621103257611.png

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did not tell me what exactly technical issues they are.

Anyway, I read quality and technical issues section and I found what you wrote varies from what this section states.

First, you said "bad exposure, the picture is too dark"

In my opinion the background is dark but dark still photography exists and there are many great examples in Adobe Stock but that is not important at all.

What is important is that bad exposure falls under Lighting Issue by Adobe and they did not mention that as a reason of rejection.

Second you mentioned that the image has "too much noise" sure it's very observable at 200% cropped that you posted. Matter of fact it is still noticeable at 100% cropped image. I need to pay more attention to that, so thanks for notifying me.

With that being said, Adobe includes excessive noise under Artifacts section which they did not mention.

That is why I said the rejection reason because of technical issues was not clear at all.

Thank you and I appreciate your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you come here to argue with Adobe's judgement, you will not progress. The people trying to help are not Adobe's decision makers, they are trying to help you understand how to satisfy their standards and to save you from wasting your time. 

"Adobe did not tell me what exactly technical issues they are." They will not. That would take more time, and Adobe would need employ more moderators. Adobe do not see their task as teaching or developing talent, but only to accept world class photographs quickly. You need to be fully aware of what the highest commercial standards expect.  If you can work through the disappointment and improve your technical handling you may have a good future, your ideas are strong.

I would also mention the composition could be better. Elements are not centred, and I don't understand the proper relationship between the two elements. Is one part cut from the other part, yet far forward so it looks the same size? Or is it a different piece - if so, why? Consider the story your photograph is telling and whether it will match the stories that Adobe's customers want to tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm definitely not here to argue about Adobe's judgment or AI in other sites have a better way of explaining the rejection reasons. You are right, I didn't look at it in Adobe's perspective. Regardless, I just elaborated more about what I meant by not mentioning what exactly was wrong with my photo and why the previous answer partly was not convincing by highly appreciated. And I'm really thankful for all your time you all spent to respond to me, it means a lot. And I hope Contributor critique was the right place to ask such a question.

Anyway, composition is aspect that I feel I lack in many of my photos and I need to strengthen myself on. Yes I sliced one part from the other and there is a smaller sliced part which I exclude from the scene. No you mentioned it, there is no story behind it, I just sliced the fruit and took a picture it. I didn't think about any story to tell or a reason behind the picture. This sparked my attention on photos that I took and there were something that I wanted to tell and show and how they are more appealing than many photos that I just took just because of the beauty of the subjects themselves but there were no stories behind them.

Thanks for dragging my attention to this. I'll consider the story behind the photos from now on and I'll definitely try to improve my composition.

Thank you and I appreciate your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines