• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my photos also got rejected due to technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't the team be more specific about the rejection?

I'd like to become an contributor.

I like to learn from my feedback.

Please can you tell me what is wrong with these photos of mine?_MG_7273-2_3small.jpg_MG_7291-2_3small.jpg_MG_7299-2_2small.jpg_MG_7427-2_4small.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

The images are too small to allow us to zoom and examine more closely; but surely the inclusion of your watermark and website URL would have been reason for rejection. You also have blown highlights. You would have needed a property release for each as these games and rides are the property of a carnival business.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are too small to allow us to zoom and examine more closely; but surely the inclusion of your watermark and website URL would have been reason for rejection. You also have blown highlights. You would have needed a property release for each as these games and rides are the property of a carnival business.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not sent in these photos cropped with watermark ofcourse, i am not stupid.

I have sent the original resolution without watermark.

Thanks for the feedback about the highlights and property release.

I will take that i consideration next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if you took offense at my comment about the watermark; there are actually quite a few stock contributors who come here to the forum who do not understand that watermarks or text of any kind are not permitted on stock photos.

To answer your original question "Can't the team be more specific about the rejection?" No, they can't because each Moderator has to get through a high volume of image submissions each day, and in some cases, particularly when it comes to Technical Issues there can be many issues in the same image. Here's a list of possible Technical Issues, any one of which will warrant a rejection:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

The task of the Moderator is to approve images that are technically perfect and have proper releases so that the quality level and integrity of the database can be maintained. It is not their job to help us improve our photography and editing skills; however Adobe has provided this forum to allow that type of discussion to occur.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ofcourse i am aware of not cropping the photo and water marking when i sent in.

Sometimes a cropped image can be quicker uploaded in forum, which is why i uploaded it here.

Maybe i should have reported it in my first post, sorry.

I am new to this forum, my last review was actually my very first post.

I don't see feedback as personal, i like to learn.

Now i can understand why they can't be specific.

Thank you for your feedback i aprreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to gain most from our comments you DO need to show the ORIGINAL images, the exact file which was submitted. As you probably know, many technical faults are only visible at 100%-200% on the actual image, which is done by the Moderators. Even resaving an unchanged can change the image (eg with JPEG artefacts) so we can only give accurate info if we see the same file as the Moderator.

In this case, clearly the Moderator has found a technical problem, but it is almost irrelevant unless you do have IP releases from all the carnival owners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i was not aware funfairs have property releases when i sent in my photo.

Now i am. Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you join a local photography club?  Fellow club members will be all too happy to give you detailed feedback and tips on how to improve your photos.

As @Jill_C said, Stock reviewers have very limited time to evaluate 1,500+ images & videos per week. 

Better luck next time. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ramona kasius,

There are color fringing on the edges in the highlights and they are not completely sharp.

Some details are lost in the highlights of the second and fourth images.

All images need property release.

In the future please note that all trademarks logos or any identifying marks require property release or you remove them.

Also to check for details on your files please zoom in to between 100 and 200%.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines