• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My photos are not intentionally accepted

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close to 100 tulips and squirrels photo I sent were rejected for lack of "quality". As someone whose thousands of photos have been accepted before, I know well the quality standards in photography. While these photos were accepted on all stock sites and you were accepted before, why were they rejected?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

We have absolutely no idea. We are not Adobe staff and cannot look at your accepted or rejected pictures!

So, please share 1-3 ORIGINAL pictures (not more) in your reply. Original, not reduced, retouched or watermarked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

As indicated to the original poster, if you upload a few of your rejected images here, the community members can provide their opinions as to why they were rejected. Otherwise, just complaining about your rejects accomplishes nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Without seeing the rejected assets, we can't comment on specifics. If I had to guess...

1. Maybe there's a problem with your camera equipment -- dirty camera sensor or lenses. 

2. Or perhaps you got a little sloppy with your photographic technique.

Submitting hundreds of tulips & squirrel photos might appeal to some people but not many.  Successful Stock photographers diversify their subjects to reach a wider base of potential buyers. 

Submit only your very best work.  Focus more on quality

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023
  • Stock Reviewers decisions are final. 
  • Nobody can change their minds. 
  • Ruminating about rejections will make you unhappy.  Get over it and move on to other photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have absolutely no idea. We are not Adobe staff and cannot look at your accepted or rejected pictures!

So, please share 1-3 ORIGINAL pictures (not more) in your reply. Original, not reduced, retouched or watermarked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue this week
all my photos are rejected for lack of quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As indicated to the original poster, if you upload a few of your rejected images here, the community members can provide their opinions as to why they were rejected. Otherwise, just complaining about your rejects accomplishes nothing.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same, i used to have like almost 100% approval rate.

now after they accepting AI its like only less than 50% approved. this week none of my photo are approved.

so demotivating, i don't think i able to maintain my income now, with the type of assets i upload i only able to upload like 4 items a week. usually i have a cycle, upload new stuff  > get some recent items to the top of search result, get hundreds of download >  started slowing down > then new uploads come... nowadays theres no new upload.

btw they already approved on other stock site except adobe, just adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same response here: As indicated to the original poster, if you upload a few of your rejected images here, the community members can provide their opinions as to why they were rejected. Otherwise, just complaining about your rejects accomplishes nothing.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw they already approved on other stock site except adobe, just adobe

By @Nizar29504797lc6y

Adobe has its own rules.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes adobe has own rules, but others site were far more restrictive about new content. And no problem with them, just Adobe.
Take me 10 min to upload one image, so if Adobe don't want my files, won't try too hard, the others site have them.

Just we are several with this issue this couple of days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close to 100 tulips and squirrels photo I sent were rejected for lack of "quality"

By @serhatbozkurt

So, yes, they were intentionally not accepted because they have quality issues. Without seeing one picture, I can't say what the exact issue is.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

If you are a generative AI contributor, please look into these instructions and follow them by the letter: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/generative-ai-submission-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not new to stock. I am old user. I've never had a problem like this before with Adobe. As you can see other people are having the same problem with me. All the other 8 stock pages accepted all the same photos.

26 out of 26 photos are not photos to be rejected at the same time. They switched to the confirmation system, which was absolutely intentional or didn't work well.

Anyway thanks for your support and concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What "confirmation system"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart approval system, said someone above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart approval system, said someone above

By @serhatbozkurt

Who? Where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the other 8 stock pages accepted all the same photos.

By @serhatbozkurt

That is and never was an acceptable argument (in both directions).

26 out of 26 photos are not photos to be rejected at the same time. They switched to the confirmation system, which was absolutely intentional or didn't work well.

By @serhatbozkurt

What confirmation system?

I didn't experience a higher refusal rate. I'm still getting near to 100% accepted and when I get a refusal, it's mostly because I did not see a defect. There is absolutely no reason to refuse your assets if they are good for stock.

I've seen pictures “from other persons” claiming to have “the same problem”. When they uploaded their pictures, we found massively flaws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the rejected assets, we can't comment on specifics. If I had to guess...

1. Maybe there's a problem with your camera equipment -- dirty camera sensor or lenses. 

2. Or perhaps you got a little sloppy with your photographic technique.

Submitting hundreds of tulips & squirrel photos might appeal to some people but not many.  Successful Stock photographers diversify their subjects to reach a wider base of potential buyers. 

Submit only your very best work.  Focus more on quality vs quantity.  Compare your work with current Stock inventory.  If isn't as good or better than what Stock has, don't submit it.  That should help reduce your rejection rate.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would add to this, possibility 3. The recent AI explosion let to a general tightening up the existing rules, perhaps. So that rules which were sometimes ignored by moderators are now more consistently used. One example, perhaps, could be black and white photography.

However, some here seem to be proposing possibility 4. Adobe, for some reason, are now rejecting technically perfect and rule-following photographs (not AI). Perhaps for all users (though this is not supported by discussion), perhaps some users are singled out for this treatment, for unknown reasons. Well, they are allowed to do that, but I don't see any business reason to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely. Believe me, he did not accept the photos he accepted before due to quality problems. Self-contradictory inconsistency. Or other problem, but I can't find the authority to contact

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no authority to contact. All Adobe's decisions are final. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no avenue to dispute the findings of the Moderators; however, if you can detect the flaws in your own images and re-edit them, they can be resubmitted for consideration. Since you have chosen not to upload any of your rejected images here, we can't advise whether they could possibly be re-edited. Do not resubmit the previously rejected images without having re-edited them, though, because Adobe considers that "spamming" which can get your account banned. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Stock Reviewers decisions are final. 
  • Nobody can change their minds. 
  • Ruminating about rejections will make you unhappy.  Get over it and move on to other photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely. Believe me, he did not accept the photos he accepted before due to quality problems. Self-contradictory inconsistency. Or other problem, but I can't find the authority to contact

By @serhatbozkurt

Who is "he"?

There is no "authority to contact" and as you don't want to show one of your assets here, there is no need for further discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(...) perhaps some users are singled out for this treatment, for unknown reasons. (...)

By @Test Screen Name

Now you are entering the raks of conspiracy theorists. 

But wait, weren't there not at some time space lasers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@serhatbozkurt, @Nizar29504797lc6y  and @Guillaume29504188w1en,

READ ME FIRST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I will not upload my photo here. Will there be flaws in my photos accepted on 8 stock sites? Photos that are not accepted in Adobe's last submission are of the same quality and same hardware ratings as photos that Adobe has always accepted.

Happy evening..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I will not upload my photo here. Will there be flaws in my photos accepted on 8 stock sites? Photos that are not accepted in Adobe's last submission are of the same quality and same hardware ratings as photos that Adobe has always accepted.

Happy evening..

By @serhatbozkurt

That is your choice. If you do not want advice, you won't get it. The question is: why did you post in the first place? Just to get messages of the kind: “I have the same problem”? Well, I don't.

The hardware is not involved in quality issues. And other sites have other moderation practices.

Happy evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines