• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My photos are not selling, maybe I'm doing something wrong

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am a contributor both here and at Getty. I have continuous sales on the other site, but here I had 36 photos accepted but not a single download so far. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verify that your title and keywords are as detailed and descriptive of the content as possible. Also, look at your competition for your images. If you've posted a picture of a red rose, for instance, it most likely will never sell. My first sale didn't happen for ~6 weeks after uploading, but now that I have >2,000 images on the site, and have learned how to get the titles/keywords right, I get a regular stream of sales.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jill, I have been doing what you suggest. What I found odd is that those same photos are on Getty and I have received several payments already which means they do work, but not a single one has sold in Adobe. That's why I wondered if I am missing a step somehow in the Adobe process of having the photos available for customers to see. I uploaded, some were accepted others rejected and when I login to see my portfolio I can see the photos and at the top of the page three headings: downloads, earnings and position which I assume it means the photos are online for customers to download, but not sure there was something I missed to have them visible online. I will upload more photos and hope to get some results. Thanks again for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long have you been doing Adobe Stock?  It takes time to develop a following.

Are you covering a diverse range of subjects that are in high demand?  Customers only buy what they are looking for.  And while 36 is not much inventory, it's a good starting point to build on.

Are you marketing yourself and your Adobe Stock products on social media?

Have you taken advantage of your free Adobe Portfolio website and shared your Stock Collections to it to help promote and sell them?

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036798993-Sharing-Adobe-Stock-Collections-on-Adobe...

Can you show us your Portfolio? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy for your advice. I have those 36 photos since August, and those same photos have sold consistently on Getty, so I had expected some activity on Adobe as well, as nothing happened so far I wondered the reason why it was so.

I hope the link to my portfolio works: https://stock.adobe.com/au/contributor/206710268/francisco?load_type=author&prev_url=detail

I am still to work through the Adobe Portfolio website and thanks for reminding me on that and the social media promotion as well.

Thanks again for your advice and I will try to add more photos to my portfolio and hope for some positive result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tip: emulate a customer. Imagine you are looking for the type of image you have uploaded (pick one specific one). Think of what the customer will search for. For example "cat in grass". Search stock for that. First, note how many images there are (243,000 for "cat in grass"). Look at your competitors. Now see whether you can find your image? If it is on page 73, how many customers will scroll that far? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your tip - but that's exactly where I wondered how the search varies on those different platforms. I have the same photo of a rat on both istock and Adobe. When searching for the word "rat" my photo is on the first page of istock and sells well and consistently, but when I do the same search on Adobe, I gave up after reaching page 20 without finding my photo. Anyway, I will try and add more photos and hope the results improve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have more than 1.000 images and 3D illustration on the site. My sales on Adobe Stock compare to iStock Getty images and Shutterstock are quite poor. For instance my sales on ShutterStock are 5 or 6 times higher than here. I have no explanation for that. But I think it is a question of the difference in the used algorithm. Because the images, keywords and titels are the same on all plattforms.  
I have no explanation for that. But I think it is a question of the difference in the used search algorithm by Adobe. Because the images, keywords and titles are the same on all three platforms. It works by two agencys quite well, but by Adobe apparently not. I'm pretty sure it won't change something when I'm changing my titels or keyword order. By the way, I tried it a cople of month ago and nothing happend. Sales still below-average, compare to the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your info, I was trying to understand the working of the system and after all the different comments I feel more grounded with the whole experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different providers, different customer base. My bestsellers here don't sell elsewhere, and vice versa. Thirty-six pictures is not a lot. To be successful, you need to fill the database with tons of high-quality pictures, besides all the good advices of the other contributors here.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your explanation on the differences between those providers. I will try to increase my database and hopefully get some good results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines