Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My photos got rejected for Artifacts

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I uploaded some photos from when i went to Santorini using my Canon Camera and my photos got rejected for Artifacts or something. I dont get why it has as I dont haven't really edited nothing. Just the scenes and colours were stunning.

I've added some examples.

[moderator edited subject for clarity, was: Photo failed. Corrected also the topics. Please select only the ones that concern your post, as some people are following specific topics only.]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

I checked.... the photos (I checked two of them) do say they were taken on a GoPro. Perhaps that's why the quality is lower than you expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artefects often come out of the camera.  They don't mean you faked anything. It means the image, when viewed very closely, does not show exquisite detail.  I can see them clearly when zooming in to your pictures. So not "or something". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And... by the way... these seem to have been taken with something like a GoPro, rather than a Canon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats fine. Is there not any other way around it?
And i do have a GoPro but i use that for videos mainly. But pictures i use Canon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked.... the photos (I checked two of them) do say they were taken on a GoPro. Perhaps that's why the quality is lower than you expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've checked all three and none of it is from a Canon camera. You do not need to edit the files to have artefacts. Indeed, some edits are specially to counter those.

My screenshots are taken at 100%, and they show clearly strong artefacts:

047:

Abambo_0-1628195991034.png

045:

Abambo_1-1628196035298.png

046:

Abambo_2-1628196073199.png

You should carefully examine your pictures at 100% and 200% and if you see artefacts, you need to correct them. If you can't correct them, don't submit them.

Even with @RALPH_L's edits, you can save these pictures.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photos are underexposed and are lacking some color balance. There is also a lot of noise (grain). The horizons are not completely level. There are some objects that need to be removed. For instance in the last photo, the blur on the right side foreground. Here is a example of how the photo might be better:

Untitled-2-2-Edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines