• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My photos where rejected for technical reason. Accepted on [one] day and not the next day?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if they explained what those technical issues are but maybe someone here could shine some light on what the issue might be? The part is the most confusing is I had a similiar set approved the day before.

Example is the Money sign was accepted but the number five was not. Should I resubmit and hope I get a different person reviewing it? See examples in images. For context I included a screenshot of the approved group and the reject group as well. Any suggestions? I was thinking of grouping the numbers into one image instead of 10 seperate ones, maybe that would work?

approved set not approved set.jpg

$ copy.jpg

5 copy.jpg

[moderator corrected the thread subject]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

First, yes, all should have been refused… I suppose they contain the same faults.

I think the picture is overexposed, there is a bluish border artefact (arrow) and the shadows (cloud) are intriguing me.

Abambo_0-1626959834618.png

Except for the shadows, I also think that the defects are minor. A different moderator may have passed them, and I suppose even that the pictures were vetted by different moderators. Resubmitting a refused image without addressing the defect could be considered as spam, however, so I cannot ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, yes, all should have been refused… I suppose they contain the same faults.

I think the picture is overexposed, there is a bluish border artefact (arrow) and the shadows (cloud) are intriguing me.

Abambo_0-1626959834618.png

Except for the shadows, I also think that the defects are minor. A different moderator may have passed them, and I suppose even that the pictures were vetted by different moderators. Resubmitting a refused image without addressing the defect could be considered as spam, however, so I cannot advise you to submit without modifications.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really they all should have been refused?

Man I suck, Ive been shooting for 25 years and I still cant get it technically right. 

Eh, back to editing and start the the whole thing over. Getting better at things sucks, so much work. LOL

Hey thanks Abambo for taking the time to review my shots. I really do appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's put it less drastically: if the ones accepted are as the refused, they should have been refused IMHO. You can formulate it also the other way around, but I think that the overexposure is part of the problem. It's difficult to detect, as you do not have a reference point in the picture. But maybe you have a xrite card or similar to check. 

I'm not holding the truth, however, and a different follower of this community may come with a different idea to try. If you can afford, I would still wait for different opinions.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again Abambo thanks for your help. I got rid of some fringing and brought exposure down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rawfires ,

This is just an observation. I am not sure what is the case. It is either you need to do some cleaning or there is a damage. There is a common line of the second and third image. I use browser to view your images therefore magnification is limited, hence I cannot see if it's also on the others. On this image it goes across two beans.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1626969425110.png

On the third image it starts with the split bean, go across the dark end of another and disapears in the white background.

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1626969887313.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! I think it was my dog's hair and after going over all them I removed more dog hair and also some other dirt marks and other wierd defects here and there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines