• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My picture was recused

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does my picture was denied? They said that there are a technical problem, but i don't understand why.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

It's quite underexposed, and the lamplight is blown out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

You are under and overexposed, as shown in the histogram:

Abambo_0-1656614102064.png

This leads to that flat look of missing contrast. In addition, there is considerable noise.

However, I think it's well focussed as you can read without difficulties the ID of the lamppost, which will probably trigger an IP refusal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite underexposed, and the lamplight is blown out.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Night images with either a full moon or an artificial light source contain a very wide dynamic range of exposures values and they are almost impossible to capture in a single image and end with a pleasing picture. Films and digital detectors are not able to cature the full dynamic range of exposures and the bright spots are typically blown out, and/or the shadows have no details. The best way to deal with situations like this are to take several images using different exposure values (f/ stops and or shutter speeds) and combine these images using layer stacking techniques. 

Your image is severly blown out at the lamp and there is no details in the shadows among the leaves.  In addition, to my old and somewhat feable eyes, the main elements were out of focus.  These are all tehnical issues any one of which will get your image rejected by the moderator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not agree about the focus, but i have thank you about the full explanetion and atention !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are under and overexposed, as shown in the histogram:

Abambo_0-1656614102064.png

This leads to that flat look of missing contrast. In addition, there is considerable noise.

However, I think it's well focussed as you can read without difficulties the ID of the lamppost, which will probably trigger an IP refusal.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thanks for the analysis and the time dedicated to respond. Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

La foto está demaciado subexpuesta, tiene mucho negro osea mucha oscuridad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi @Marlonelt,

Your frame is underexposed causing lost details. When you underexpose your framing you end up with a focus problem. It is difficult for the camera to focus in the dark. The evidence of this is in this shot. Zoom up to 200 and really examine the edges closely. Then ask yourself how easy would it be for someone to crop this image from it's background. If you're not sure, try cropping it out yourself. Setting aside the areas that got lost in the shadows, it would still be difficult cropping out some of the other areas. This is because the edges are soft.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1656641532616.png

The lamp too have soft edges.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1656641939707.png

@Robert McAlpine gives a very good explanation. I could not say it better. It worth the while taking note of every line of his comment.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines