• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My picture was rejected

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, can anyone please tell me what I have done wrong in the image?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Hello,

A big problem I think is with the focus. The shutter speed wasn't fast enough to 'freeze' the movement of the deer. 1/100 is just a bit too slow. I think the white balance is fine. The stick in the bottom corner isn't good as the eye is drawn to this. It needs to be cropped out. However, the focus problem you can't fix. I don't think it will be any good for stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

In addition to the focus and exposure problems already noted, you have blown highlights and chromatic aberration in the image. Ricky mentioned that a shutter speed of 1/100 is too slow to capture moving wildlife, but the stationary objects in the frame are not in focus either, so you have introduced camera motion. Perhaps 1/100 is too slow of a speed for you to be shooting handheld.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white balance needs to be adjusted, it is not propely focused, the highlighted area (front right) is overexposed and the shadows are underexposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A big problem I think is with the focus. The shutter speed wasn't fast enough to 'freeze' the movement of the deer. 1/100 is just a bit too slow. I think the white balance is fine. The stick in the bottom corner isn't good as the eye is drawn to this. It needs to be cropped out. However, the focus problem you can't fix. I don't think it will be any good for stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the focus and exposure problems already noted, you have blown highlights and chromatic aberration in the image. Ricky mentioned that a shutter speed of 1/100 is too slow to capture moving wildlife, but the stationary objects in the frame are not in focus either, so you have introduced camera motion. Perhaps 1/100 is too slow of a speed for you to be shooting handheld.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for pointing out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines