Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my technical issues and rejections

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So all of my images were rejected

including a cow - and some images where the point was to have the background blurred.

I am new-  is adobe only crips images not artistic? Asking because I don't know.

Secondly - when critiques come back talking about white point etc

is there a way adobe can scan our stuff - to check automatically to do a preview submit?

that would be cool and save time 

an action in psd and lightroom? 

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

As @Jill_C as mentionned, there are sharpness and focusing issues with your pictures, so a blurred background is not the problem here. When well composed and focused, a picture would not be rejected because of a blurred background.

"is adobe only crips images not artistic? "

Stock photography is used for commercial (packaging, etc...) or editorial (illustration) purposes, not to be hanged in art galleries.

You can of course have some level of art in your images, as long as it doesn't suppress thei

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

examples of rejected

is it subject matter 

or ? 

please thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 nothing in focus

2 not well composed

3 depth of field is too limited; focusing just on the post throws the rest of the image out of focus

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Jill_C as mentionned, there are sharpness and focusing issues with your pictures, so a blurred background is not the problem here. When well composed and focused, a picture would not be rejected because of a blurred background.

"is adobe only crips images not artistic? "

Stock photography is used for commercial (packaging, etc...) or editorial (illustration) purposes, not to be hanged in art galleries.

You can of course have some level of art in your images, as long as it doesn't suppress their commercial appeal. There are many photos that are very succesful on Adobe Stock because they are creative, so it's a question of subject, vision and execution.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_0893.JPG i get it the focal point is in the 5-7 area not the center 

the ceremony sign I blew up - not sure I agree - but ok

the third image - the point was only the post to be in focus so that's a subjective opinion - IMO.

Is there a link with examples of what adobe accepts so I can have some watermakrs please thanks

Appreciate you providing feedback 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the third image - the point was only the post to be in focus so that's a subjective opinion - IMO."

Not even the whole post is in focus, and what's in focus does not look sharp. IMO, if the (whole) post and at least some of the barbed wire were in focus and sharp, it might have been accepted.

"Is there a link with examples of what adobe accepts"

There is plenty of info on the Adobe Stock help. This article is a good start:

Tips for getting your stock photos accepted | Adobe Learn & Support tutorials

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there a link with examples of what adobe accepts" Adobe Stock has tens of millions of accepted pictures. If planning a shot, take a good look at your competition. Of course you cannot examine the preview pictures at 100%-200% and Adobe will do this for your pictures.

For white balance - you should be completely confident in your white balance before submitting. If you don't know enough about this, it's a great area to study before submitting more. Adobe are looking for world class commercial photography and expect all their submitters to have a high level of knowledge about commercial requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michael mentioned a specific guide for getting your photos accepted; additionally I suggest that you read EVERYTHING that is available on the Learn & Support pages before you submit anything else. It is time consuming to edit, upload, title and keyword your images, so being able to know in advance that there is a high likelihood of acceptance is well worth the investment of your time in reading the info supplied by Adobe.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/stock-contributor.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines