• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My watercolor illustrations have been under review for over a month now.

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My watercolor illustrations have been under review for over a month now. I saw on the forum that many people have such a problem, but with AI pictures. I have these watercolor drawings and each of them has a license agreement from the author. Previously, work was accepted for a maximum of 5 days. What changed?

Is it worth uploading further works, will they be placed in galleries or do they need to be re-uploaded? I'm worried and waiting for an answer. Thank you.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Unfortunately, it appears that illustrations are going through the same queue as Generative AI assets, and the backlog is so huge that moderation is taking between 1 and 2 months. 

If the works you submitted are not your own, you need to have property releases indicating that you have the creator's authorization to upload them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it appears that illustrations are going through the same queue as Generative AI assets, and the backlog is so huge that moderation is taking between 1 and 2 months. 

If the works you submitted are not your own, you need to have property releases indicating that you have the creator's authorization to upload them.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. But still I don't get it. You are viewing my paintings as an image created by AI. And I have to wait a month to two months? But still my question remains. If you think that my paintings are AI-drawn, then why do I fill out the author's license for each painting? I can provide you with a live photo drawn by me for each picture. I am attaching one photo. I think that for such a large company, it is strange not to be able to recognize live art and AI, and even more so to put them on the same line for consideration. If my drawings are reviewed for up to two months, there is no reason for me to cooperate with you, since I lose a lot of time writing my drawings.Снипа.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a volunteer, a fellow Contributor here in the forum just like you, and I am not an Adobe employee; therefore I am not responsible for their decision to lump in traditional illustrations with Generative AI. It's unfortunate that they've done so, because it seems to be unfairly penalizing artists such as yourself by having to wait so long. 

The need to provide a property release for your drawings is not new; Adobe must be satisfied that you created the art yourself and have all IP rights to the material. 

If it takes up to 2 months to get your submissions moderated, that doesn't mean it isn't worth doing, particularly if you believe them to be saleable; however, in the meantime, you might consider submitting them to other stock agencies as well.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe makes the rules and employes the reviewers.  Customers have nothing to do with it. 

Also keep in mind that this is Spring Break for many people.  Adobe Stock could be short handed right now.  That and an immense backlog of submsisions has created longer wait queues for everyone.   It's frustrating to wait but it's no worse than being stuck in a traffic jam on the highway.  Just be patient and find other things to do.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for that. I would suggest, you ignore these waiting times and continue to submit, if you are a confident submitter. You need, however, consider this for themed seasonal submissions.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines