• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mystified at rejections

Participant ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Adobe Stock so please forgive me if the following comments aren't something new.

I've just had two images rejected for unspecified Quality Issues.  One is taken on a misty morning and the other is an image of a beach taken using intentional camera movement.  Both taken on a Nikon Z7II at base 64 ISO (so no noise) and accurately focussed (well the misty morning one is - who can tell with ICM), though granted anything with mist will inevitably look a little soft.  But isn't that the point?

Would I be correct in assuming that it's a poorly trained algorithm that automatically rejects such images?  

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Contributor , Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Il faudrait que vous nous montriez ces images

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

It will be helpful to share the images in question in future posts as we need to see what you are referencing to give you any sort of feedback. Lucky for me, I have access to check and have done so. Your two most recent rejections were appropriate in my opinion. 

One was completely abstract with motion blue. I get the artistic approach you were going for, but it doesn't work with this image in my opinion, at least not for commercial stock sales. You need to ask yourself who would buy that imag

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Il faudrait que vous nous montriez ces images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be helpful to share the images in question in future posts as we need to see what you are referencing to give you any sort of feedback. Lucky for me, I have access to check and have done so. Your two most recent rejections were appropriate in my opinion. 

One was completely abstract with motion blue. I get the artistic approach you were going for, but it doesn't work with this image in my opinion, at least not for commercial stock sales. You need to ask yourself who would buy that image and what would they use it for? 

The other file of the misty morning could have gone either way. I could see it being approved, but I can understand the refusal too. It's "okay" but with common subjects such as trees near a pond, "okay" isn't good enough. The level of competition you are up against is too vast. For an image like this, there must be a solid "WOW!" factor to get approved and most importantly to be seen and sold by customers.

I wish you the best of luck with your future uploads,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mat.  Despite reading the guidelines I'm still learning as to what is acceptable so your feedback is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @outonalymm,

While intentional blur might be marketable for gallery, for stock, having sharp images will allow you greater sales potential. Sometime people would like to take out elements from you files, or your files being used for other purposes than background or framed art. Filters and editing can be added to sharp images that are close to reality which is not possible with special effect.

If you upload your files here, those of us who do not have access to them will be able to give better comments.

Best wishes

Jacquelin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome @outonalymm 

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mist is challenging for many reasons.  Water droplets cause light photons to bounce & scatter in unpredictable ways which can lead to over or under exposed regions, loss of colors, contrast (lights/shadows) & details.  This is deemed deleterious to Stock imagery. 

When desired, professional photographers often apply mist to select areas in post-editing with Photoshop or Lightroom where they can control it.   See free mist & fog brushes below for Photoshop.

https://www.brusheezy.com/free/mist

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines