• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need some help with images refused "Quality problems"

New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, need some help - why this photos is rejected with "Quality problems"? 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC_9286.jpg - these look delicious, but you've cropped in too close, cutting off part of the subject matter. Also slightly underexposed according to the histogram.

DSC_7888-Улучшено-NR.jpg - underexposed and depth of field is too shallow, resulting in much of the image being out of focus.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about this shots? Same history...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC_7637-Улучшено-NR.jpg - underexposed, cropped too close (or should have been shot in landscape orientation), many unfocused areas

DSC_7654-Exposure.jpg - there are some out of focus areas, probably due to depth of field being too shallow

DSC_7923-Улучшено-NR-Exposure.jpg - zoom in to 100-200% and you'll see that most of the purple flowers are not in focus; the sun flare might have been a problem too

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do all areas need to be sharp? Is it no longer possible to highlight an object due to depth of field?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the entire frame doesn't need to be in focus, but DOF needs to be employed carefully. If much of the frame is out of focus and the main focal point is not even in sharp focus, it's probably going to be rejected. in image 7654, when you zoom in between100-200%, it's challenging to find anything in focus...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects. Read these links.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, but problem is technical quality, or non-commercial photos? Its not equal... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators can only choose one rejection reason on each asset, presumably the first one they notice, though there may be multiple reasons to reject it. If focus problems are the first thing they notice, they will select "quality issues". But there could also be IP issues or lack of commercial appeal or other issues.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, but problem is technical quality, or non-commercial photos? Its not equal... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your question. What do you consider a "non commercial photo"? All photos are required to meet the same quality standard in order to be accepted.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. But in reality it doesn't turn out the way you say. I don’t know who evaluates photos for compliance with their quality, but I can’t understand why lately there have been many failures precisely because of the quality discrepancy, although these works do not differ in noise or other indicators from the works that I previously filed, and they were accepted without any problems. Therefore, I had a question regarding quality requirements. As for the "non-commercial photo" - once some stocks were denied for this very reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators are human beings, therefore there can be a certain amount of variability in their decisions. Additionally, quality standards do become more stringent over time because of technological improvements in both the equipment and processing software. An image captured with my entry-level Canon Digital Rebel 15 years ago looked pretty good at the time, but wouldn't make the cut now...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also puzzled by your remark. Stock does not accept snapshots. Snapshots are for social media (Instagram, Flickr, Facebook...).

Stock is a commercial assets business.  Whatever you submit to Stock must be suitable for commercial use.  Customers decide how the assets will be used.  You don't decide that.

Highest technical & visual quality is essential for printed posters, promotional materials, websites, product packaging, billboard or magazine ads, T-shirts, tote bags or TV commercials.  If you're not creating high quality work, don't submit it to Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, but before such problems were not. Stock accepted such works, and I did not see any messages about a change in the acceptance policy. Also, why then my work is not accepted due to quality problems, and not with another wording, for example - "non-commercial image" ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe another consideration is the subject of the image. Adobe Stock now has over 344 million images in the database, including nearly 29 million with the keyword "flower". I suppose that when a Moderator sees another blurry or improperly exposed floral image it takes them about 2 seconds to hit the "reject" button.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really strange, because the criterion for assessing the correct exposure of the image is extremely blurred, and often depends on the author's idea. A "correct" exposure often results in a picture that is not aesthetically pleasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Serhii29926817skie wrote:

why then my work is not accepted due to quality problems, and not with another wording, for example - "non-commercial image" ...

=============

No.  That's not right. Re-read your Stock Contributor User Guide where rejection reasons are fully explained. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

Lack of aesthetic or commercial appeal

Being as objective as possible, ask yourself: “If I were the customer, why would I buy this image?”

For example, if you create a photo of a great-looking family enjoying a barbecue but the grill is covered in rust, the photo just won’t have commercial value.  Common subjects like flowers, pets, sunsets, and food are already heavily represented on Adobe Stock, so if you submit content for these categories, make sure they’re unique.

Quality or technical issues

For content to have commercial value, it needs to be high-quality and technically flawless. Images and videos should be in-focus and well-lit with no signs of artifacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serhii29926817skie_0-1685044601017.jpeg  Serhii29926817skie_1-1685044640179.jpeg  Serhii29926817skie_2-1685044650306.jpegSerhii29926817skie_3-1685044658370.jpeg  Serhii29926817skie_4-1685044668235.jpeg 

It's a snapshots or "high quality work"? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiny, low resolution previews tell us nothing.  There is not enough pixel data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read Stock Contributor User Guide, but  і do not see any explanation there as to why my photos were not accepted precisely for reasons of quality. In general, it is not clear what kind of quality discrepancy is meant. Unfortunately, there is no specific reason for the failure to understand what can be fixed from a technical point of view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, picture quality is a big topic.

Light, composition, framing, focus, details, white balance, color saturation, unwanted noise/artifacts.  All these things play a part in quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines