• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need technical critique for rejected photo please (my first photo ever :) )

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I posted my first photo and got rejection for technical reasons.

I will be happy to receive a detailed critique, please. 20211211_150245.jpg

Thank you!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

The sky is noisy, the birds need to be removed and there are artifacts arround the tower.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Hello,

Photo maybe fine on social media for sharing, but not really for commercial use in my opinion. Also, what could this be actually used for?

You have slopping verticals and the quality is not so good when zoomed in. Remember, this could be enlarged and so when enlarged you begin to see JPEG compression - artifacts.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe-stock-contributor 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: It is rotated only in this post, I uploaded it upright

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: It is rotated only in this post, I uploaded it upright

By @PastelHope

This is a forum error. Just ignore it.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewed in the correct orientation you still have leaning verticals. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an amateur question:
although the tower and some verticals to the right side are leaning, the elements to the left seem to be straight.

How can that be corrected? Sometimes I see that kind of behavior in my photos and I'm not sure where to straighten it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The easiest solution is to go to the Transform section of the Adobe Lightroom Classic Edit panel and press Auto. It usually does a good job of straightening images both vertically and horizontally. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sky is noisy, the birds need to be removed and there are artifacts arround the tower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Photo maybe fine on social media for sharing, but not really for commercial use in my opinion. Also, what could this be actually used for?

You have slopping verticals and the quality is not so good when zoomed in. Remember, this could be enlarged and so when enlarged you begin to see JPEG compression - artifacts.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the detailed feedback and resource! Very helpful!

Can you elaborate more please on your comment on the usefulness of the the photo?

You question the usefulness from the technical aspect, composition aspect, or content aspect?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is a commercial stock selling platform, so the assets have to be able to be used in a commercial sense - promotion, creating a concept etc. Don't say this could be used for a travel magazine or blog - there are 100s of such images in the stock data base:

Mosque minaret stock photos, royalty-free images, vectors, video (adobe.com)

The composition has to be improved as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Major problems in this picture: Washed out details and focussing problems, artefacts probably due to in-camera sharpening.

Abambo_0-1641302832688.png

The screenshot shows the image at 200%. The EXIF shows an exposure of one second, which is enormous for a phone picture. I suppose you had a tripod to shoot that picture.

In addition, you should apply a geometry correction.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone your helpful comments and resources. I will revise accordingly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines