Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

negative adjustment to royalty payment...no explanation

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this happened to ANYONE?

I just received notice addressed to #First Name #Last Name that over $60 in royalty payments were taken back in a "negative adjustment to royalty payment"

This was for a "subset" of a single day.

No explanation...no details, nothing.

I did an internet search....search on this forum....nothing.  

No further response from anyone upon my reply to Adobe, Forum moderator...nothing.

Not even the usual acknowledgement that "we're looking into it" with no further action.  Normally the response to this forum and other correspondence is prompt....but now....crickets.   What is going on?

My statistic page has been all going bonkers with erroneous data...dates mixed up....amounts off per day.   My suspicion is that this is not even a valid issue and erroneous data has resulted in loss of commission.   I can't get a human being to properly explain why Adobe is taking back money earned in commission.

Please give me a proper explanation.  Keep your money...just tell me why you took it back.   I'm sure if your mistake resulted in the contributor being short-changed, I would never hear about it.  Just if the multi-billion dollar corporation makes a small mistake and payed out a few dollars more than it was legally obligated...the response is to immediately retract that amount with a poorly coded response that doesn't even fill my name in.

Sincerely,

# First Name

# Last Name

Dear #firstname #lastname,
We regret to inform you that a subset of the royalties paid out on Feb 12 were calculated incorrectly. We have now removed the incorrect amount from your account, which could result in a negative balance if you already submitted a payout request. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions, you can contact us here https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/contact

Regards,
Adobe Stock team

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Look at this recent message from Matt Hayward!

Royalty Adjustment

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi donbrio

The forum you are on is a public forum and so, there are some matters that are best handled through the "contact us" link on your contributor account page. Hence it would be best you express your concern via the contact link sent to you, or if you prefer, on the top menu bar of your contributor.stock.adobe page click on "contributor account". Scroll to the end of the page. Click on "contact us" to send you concern. A response to you will take a few days depending on the backlog of message received.

Please update this thread if after sending you message and a week has passed and you do not get an answer. We will see how otherwise we can assist.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this recent message from Matt Hayward!

Royalty Adjustment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this email also.

#firstname #lastname - very rude

Have since received another email saying they made another mistake and the problem was from Feb 6 - Feb 13!

They have deducted a large amount from my balance so I now have a negative balance!

I don't think I even made the sales they are claiming as overpaid... I don't remember getting any emails with large sales or seeing my balance go up anything more than normal. Now my recorded sales for that week are virtually zero, which is very strange.

Something isn't right. Their accounting is obviously messed up.

I would like to see a clear detailed account of exactly what is going on with my balance.... how can I get this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LazyLlamaphotos

You can check statistics at insight by following the steps as outlined at Royalty Adjustment .

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tells me absolutely nothing!

AdobeStock need to provide clarity... not be leaving contributors to interpret sales reports that we don't even know if these are showing the overpaid earnings that are still to be corrected or the earnings that have already been corrected. It wouldn't be difficult to provide a clear explanation, that we can easily double-check ourselves, in the email. It's the least AdobeStock can do after their error to instill confidence in their contributors that this is being handled correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LazyLiamaphotos

Please maintain your post on one thread. You are posting on  https://forums.adobe.com/message/10939615?et=watches.email.thread#10939615 continue to do so on that thread.

donbrio​ If you have further questions or concerns, please update above link (Royalty Adjustment) I will close this thread to avoid duplication.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines