Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New contributor - images rejected

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a new contributor and I would like to know the reason to reject the following picture due to intellectual property and if it's possible to send it again obviously with the proposed changes.

DSC_6393-2.jpg

Maybe the problem is with the street number?... although other similar pictures has been accepted.

The following image has been rejected due to exposure problems (underexposed). It is a long exposure photography taken at night and recording the clouds behind the mountain where the moon was hidden. The silhouette and the clouds shows some geometries like "flames".

DSC_8825.jpg

Hope to hear your opinions!
Thanks in advance,
regards

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Yes, the street number is definitely a deal breaker if you don't have a property release. Clone the number out and resubmit.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the street number is definitely a deal breaker if you don't have a property release. Clone the number out and resubmit.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ogratacos, I am sorry to inform you that black and white photos are usually rejected by Adobe Stock. This one does have quite a few additional problems but it is probably not going to help you get it accepted if I comment on any of them. Perhaps just delete this one and send in your color photos. Mat has stated what needs to change in the top, blue house one. Be sure to look at all of your photos at 200% magnification to discover any flaws before you submit them. Look for blemishes, noise, artifacts, and blurry areas. Kind regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, B&W don't do so well, so better to upload a colour version. If you look at the histogram it shows that the picture is underexposed.

histogram.jpg

The histogram needs to be more balanced.

Also as this is a time exposure you will get hot pixels. e.g.

hot pixels.jpg

There are a few of them in this picture.

They can, however, be fixed in post-production. You just need to beware of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answers and the info about B&W photos. This helps me a lot to improve my submissions.

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, you should avoid anything that the image buyer can easily do himself... like bw conversion.

You need to edit out all private data that could identify the subject if you do not have a property or model release (depending on the data).

Also keep in mind that stock photography is not to provide artistic pictures but correct pictures in the sense of a correct craftsmanship.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that they are not simply stars on a long exposure (I did not look into the exif of the file as I’m currently on my iPad)?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Abambo, thank you for your answer. I'm wondering the same... but as the spots are following a different direction, maybe are hot spots. I'll check at the original file.
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Abambo and ogratacos   If they were stars, there would be a star trail - bearing in mind that this is a time exposure. Stars also don't travel vertically, (not from Earth's perspective and not that I know of)). Hot pixels and star trails are quite different.

See here also in the foreground - although harder to see, but enlarged they are there:

hot pixel_2.jpg

This is obviously a star trail:

star trail.jpg

and hot pixels:

hot pixels 3.jpg

Look in your orginal colour file, hot pixels are either R,G or B pixels, depending on which fliter the pixel is under.

Hot pixels often occur in tiime exposures, and the longer the time exposure, the more hot pixels are likely.

(The disadvantage with digital cameras.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines