Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New photographer looking for feedback on rejected images

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am pretty new to photography and am just uploading some of my images for the first time. All of my photos have been rejected due to "Quality Issues". I read the common technical issues that they linked but am still not sure of how to fix my issues. How much is "too much" contrast/white balance or "too little" contrast / what balance etc. Any critiques on these images would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has any links to recourses where I can learn more about the required technical aspects and how to pass the reviews in the future. 

I have attached some info about each image with a screenshot. Please let me know if I need to provide more info about the images.

Thank you all,

Garrett

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Zooming into between 100%-200% view is where the quality issues are easily spotted.  If you take the Osprey in flight for instance:  At 100% view there is noticeable noise in the sky and the osprey, chromatic aberrations, and the osprey could use some sharpening.  There is a slight but noticeable vignette to both photos.  The blue areas in my screenshot are shadow areas that are clipped, which I wasn't able to recover any detail in when I attempted.   Watermarks are also considered a quality iss

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zooming into between 100%-200% view is where the quality issues are easily spotted.  If you take the Osprey in flight for instance:  At 100% view there is noticeable noise in the sky and the osprey, chromatic aberrations, and the osprey could use some sharpening.  There is a slight but noticeable vignette to both photos.  The blue areas in my screenshot are shadow areas that are clipped, which I wasn't able to recover any detail in when I attempted.   Watermarks are also considered a quality issue. 

At the very least, try some noise reduction and sharpening to see if that helps with the noise and sharpness.  The clipped shadow areas may not be recoverable, but the rest may or may not be correctable.

I hope that helps!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the helpful reply!  To confirm, both vignettes and watermarks are not allowed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct.  A vignette is easily added by the customer if they desire it.

Good luck with future submissions 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. here is the screenshot

2023-02-07 11_21_41-Camera Raw 15.1.1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot from "Osprey_U_Flight" from dark table

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Osprey_Takeoff_Dark.jpg - Noise, soft focus, chromatic aberration, underexposed areas and watermark are the reasons for rejection.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Garrett282720885qko ,

You can learn here how to create better photos for Adobe Stock and here are some additional tips that will help you to know what to look for and correct. To learn how to fix issues and how much is too much will depend on how much you know about the editing software you use. If you use Photoshop, there are many courses on LinkedIn Learn such as Photoshop 2022 Essential Training that will teach you about the application and how to use it effectively.

Best wishes

Jacquelin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional recourses!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your are welcome @Garrett282720885qko .

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines