• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Adobe Stock - Help Please!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to adobe stock and just posted a number of images of some cars, but they have all been refused, could somebody shed some light as to why please?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Motion photos are hard to get accepted because there is always some blur. Also the photo is too dark. The Audi logo needs to be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Motion photos are hard to get accepted because there is always some blur. Also the photo is too dark. The Audi logo needs to be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RALPH_L thanks for the feedback, that gives me hope then, as all of theimages that got refused have car logos on, so stage one remove all logos, I will brighten this one up as well and resubmit, see where that gets me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the logos removed, it is highly likely you will still be refused for Intellectual Property (IP) violations.  Here is an excerpt from Adobe's page on known image restrictions - https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/known-image-restrictions.html

Marks and logos must be removed. Portions of a car in a greater context is acceptable. Isolated photos of a car or vehicle manufactured after 1985, luxury and exotic cars, or 3D models of cars are unacceptable for commercial use.

In the example of your photo above, the car is the primary subject of the photo so if it didn't get rejected for technical issues it would have been refused for IP violations.  I had this photo rejected for IP violations, even though the whole car wasn't visible - the BMW design is recognisable.

Saturday in the Park_0173.jpg

You're probably best to find new subject matter as I think you're going to have great difficulty getting automobile photos accepted as commercial stock.

If you are new to stock photography, here are some resources that you might find helpful.

Best of luck in your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@reedesign1912 thank you, its a learning curve for sure, would the same apply if it was images of cars on a track, i.e. some kind of motorsport event?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually @Dave Drew , that would bring about even more challenges.  Any ticketed events would require that you get a release from the host venue allowing you to take commercial photos on their property for that event.  Similar situation with anyplace you need to buy tickets like museums, concerts, sporting events, etc.  Depending on the type of motor event, you may also encounter sponsorship emblems and logos on the cars which would have to be removed as well.  You might still have the same issues with identifiable vehicles and removing all of their logos and branding.  Where this might be possible is something like a demolition derby.  🙂  Or in a situation where there are older cars racing.

I will say that if you qualify to provide editorial content (I believe it's after you've had 100 downloads of your images), you don't face the same IP restrictions.  However, you will also probably have few or any sales of your images.  Most buyers want images to be commercially licensable.

It really would be worth your while to review Adobe's documentation on property releases and intellectual property.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

One last thought - if you like taking photos of autos, keep doing it, even if it is just for yourself.  It's a great way to keep working on your photography skills and you can certainly use them in your portfolio to exhibit your skills for potential paying clients.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Dave Drew ,

What was the refusal reason given? was it technical issues or intellectual property violation? This image is showing nothing in sharp focus. Therefore, even though both are refusal reasons, if it was a technical issue rejection reason that you got, removing the logo will only earn you a non-compliant rejection. 

In my opinion this file will not be accepted because of the lack of sharp focus.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines