• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New To Stock

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm new to stock photography.  I'm an internationally published fine art photographer but stock is new to me and more particular.  I'm just trying to get an idea if you think something along these lines would work for stock or if it would even be approved.  There were taken in dark situations and do have a little noise.  These were just taken during a photo shoot of my daughter so wasn't intending to be for stock.  Just wanting to get some opinions if you think this would be towards the right direction.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Contributor , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Hello and welcome

Your daughter drinking coffee is an excellent image for stock.  The second,  although it is an excellent image,  is more fine art.

In my opinion,  stock images are better when your model is actually doing specific tasks,  rather than just portraits.  That is why I preferred the shot of your daughter drinking coffee for stock.

I would recommend doing a bit of research to get an idea on how other photographers use their models for stock,  then put your own take on it.

You are obv

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Hi Jeniffer,

Both image are nice. I like them both. The color image is fine For Adobe collection. The only concern I have is the visible blur lower body of your daughter. I would not know the moderator's take on that. I would submit it and see the result. The second image being a black and white is not encouraged, but if the moderator consider it outstanding it will be accepted. Hence that too I would upload and allow the moderators to decide. You are a fine photographer and most likely will do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome

Your daughter drinking coffee is an excellent image for stock.  The second,  although it is an excellent image,  is more fine art.

In my opinion,  stock images are better when your model is actually doing specific tasks,  rather than just portraits.  That is why I preferred the shot of your daughter drinking coffee for stock.

I would recommend doing a bit of research to get an idea on how other photographers use their models for stock,  then put your own take on it.

You are obviously an excellent photographer with a beautiful model,  find the right subjects and i'm sure you will be successful.

Good luck and best wishes

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeniffer,

Both image are nice. I like them both. The color image is fine For Adobe collection. The only concern I have is the visible blur lower body of your daughter. I would not know the moderator's take on that. I would submit it and see the result. The second image being a black and white is not encouraged, but if the moderator consider it outstanding it will be accepted. Hence that too I would upload and allow the moderators to decide. You are a fine photographer and most likely will do well.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your input! Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines