• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non Compliant Image?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling to understand why these images are are being rejected as non compliant. Any insights would be appresicated. 

Title: "Humorous digitally altered images of a young attractive woman, retouched to match expressions of emojis"

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you submit a model release? If not, you need one! If yes, there was an error on it and you where asked to correct that.

Abambo
via mobile phone.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I did submit a model release, but I didn’t see
any communication regarding an issue with it. Where might I find that
communication if it was sent to me?
--
——————————
David Gillis Design | david@davidgillisdesign.com | 207.841.5016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

For the rejection, you should have gotten an e-mail notice. If you did not see the e-mail notice in your inbox, check your spam folder for it. To get details of the e-mail notice you need to go to your contributor page

On the black menu bar, click on "Uploaded file"

On the new page, below the top black menu bar click on "Rejected".

There you will see thumbnails of all your rejected files. Each one you click on will show you the details on the right side of the page.

To find the images that you should resubmit with a release, click on "Reminder" on the menu below the black menu bar. (Beside "Reminder" you will see the number of assets that are there requiring releases.

In any case I believe you got a none compliant rejection because you resubmitted the affected files without providing whatever it was that the moderator rejected it for the first time around, not necessarily model release. Therefore you need to look for what it was rejected for the first time and correct that before resubmitting.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non-compliant - therefore:

non compliant.jpg

Look at your keywords for example. There are a number of reasons...

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever is is worth, these images were submitted with the same title and similar keywords to Getty, and were accepted readily. Are there quibbles with the concept? Adobe initially rejected them all as non-compliant, and while I understand that the moderators have little extra time for explanation, I can find no obvious reason these were rejected, so any attempt to bring them into compliance will be a frustrating shot in the dark. At this point it doesn't seem like time well spent to pursue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could well be that Adobe does not like the subject matter...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None-compliant means something to be corrected/addressed except one or more of similar images were rejected for "Similar". When Adobe does not want an image "commercial appeal" or "similar" rejection is used. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not Getty and Getty is not Adobe, so that’s worth nothing if you ask me. Give us the title and the keywords of one image and we have may be a suggestion.

Currently my best guess is still the model release, but it may well be that the editing is considered defamatory.

« Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release, or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue. »

Abambo
via mobile phone.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your replies. I submitted a model release that copies the adobe release language exactly, (as I have for previous model photos) and I checked it for errors. I received no notifications or reminders to edit or fix any releaase problems, they just went straight to non-compliant image status.

I thought there might be concern about copyright issues regarding the use of the word "emoji", but everything I found online suggested the copyright was based on the image (an my images do not copy the images) and not the word. I brought up Getty because in the past they have seemed more sensitive to that than Adobe about that. I don't have the exact list of keywords I submitted and since the files were rejected I have no way of checking them after (something in the future I will plan for better.)

Thank you all again for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

If the total artwork originate with you try resubmitting one with a property release filled out as you being the owner and artist and see what happens.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I note you have 8 similar images here. Are these all that you submitted for approval? Was any of this batch rejected for "similar"? If no for the latter question, did you try my suggestion to submit with "Property Release"?

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jacquelingphoto2017,

These were the only 8 I submitted. I haven't yet tried to resubmit by altering the property release. Since the only identifiable subject in the photo was the model that I photographed and then retouched, I thought the model release would be sufficient.

I appreciate your followup response.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines