• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not accepted for technical issues

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uploading this to Adobe Stock but it said there are technical issues meaning it wasn't accepted.

Could anyone outline why?

(Post modified by moderator)

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Hi @Levi5CCA ,

I like the photo, however too much is out of focus. There is not enough depth of field. Also it is flat. There is not enough contrast.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Look at the picture at 100% and you will see that it is effectively out of focus.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical

Votes

Translate

Translate

It doesn't look much like iced coffee, either.  Stock photography is less artistic expression and more realism.  A coffee drink should look like a coffee drink, not fruit punch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

As others have said - out of focus! And this is a problem:

Inked1_LI.jpg

Was this intentional?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Levi5CCA ,

I like the photo, however too much is out of focus. There is not enough depth of field. Also it is flat. There is not enough contrast.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I can see that now you explained it. Not sure what you mean about contrast though as when I add contrast it looks way worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrast is easily overdone. It's like the salt in the soup. You need it, but too much is not good.

I don't know what programs you use to edit your files, but contrast can be added by more than one method. Depending on your workflow, you could use a contrast slider or a curve tool, not to forget the more subtle adaptions like texture and clarity (Adobe jargon).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Levi5CCA ,

1). You must be able to clearly see the difference between the background and the subject even though they are basically the same color. 

2). The variation of shades must be clear and not looking as though they're running in each other as one shade. The blacks and whites are what determine these variations. It is illustrated on the histogram when it stretches from the left point (blacks) to the right point (whites). Avoid clippings.

I hope this helps

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the picture at 100% and you will see that it is effectively out of focus.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will take this into consideration for when I do any further photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't look much like iced coffee, either.  Stock photography is less artistic expression and more realism.  A coffee drink should look like a coffee drink, not fruit punch.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what iced coffee looks like before you mix it, but if you're referring to the contrast or something I can understand what you mean, please iterate what makes you think so, thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have said - out of focus! And this is a problem:

Inked1_LI.jpg

Was this intentional?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't notice that one, if I plan on redoing it I will see if there is any way to fix that with Pixelmator Pro, if you know of a way please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying I should remove the coloured effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, probably. If it's done as shown, it looks like an erronous colour cast. See also @Nancy OShea 's remarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is a coloured effect, it reminds me of developing and printing film, (which I used to do) where light would get into the back of the camera and onto the film causing this type of effect when printed. It isn't good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines