Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not accepted image

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I am a newbie in selling / submitting images. Yesterday, I submitted one, and it disapproved today due to technical issues today. I know that my picture  has problems and I want to learn how to rectify such issues.

Thanks a lot.

Omar

Fingerprints.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Your photo isn't in focus, has lots of noise and artifacts and there is a lack of contrast.  It's probably because of low lighting available and you having to use f1.8 and ISO3200.  You would also want to straighten and crop the photo better to fix the edge on the right of the artwork.

Besides the technical issues, is this your artwork or someone else's?  Either way you would need a property release before it would be accepted for commercial use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

There are a lot of problems with this photo, most noticeably is that it is not in focus.

IMG_20181214_204629a.jpg

This section of the photo seems to be your main focal point and when looking at it magnified to 100% you can see that nothing is actually in focus.  Your depth of field (f1.8) is much too shallow and your shutter speed  (1/17s) is too slow unless you are using a tripod. 

A few other things to consider is the angle of the photo - looking at the top the horizon is not level (it should rotated about 6 degrees

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photo isn't in focus, has lots of noise and artifacts and there is a lack of contrast.  It's probably because of low lighting available and you having to use f1.8 and ISO3200.  You would also want to straighten and crop the photo better to fix the edge on the right of the artwork.

Besides the technical issues, is this your artwork or someone else's?  Either way you would need a property release before it would be accepted for commercial use.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

till now i've uploaded 7 images and it all got rejected because of technical issues.

This is an example.

IMG_20181214_204629.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a lot of problems with this photo, most noticeably is that it is not in focus.

IMG_20181214_204629a.jpg

This section of the photo seems to be your main focal point and when looking at it magnified to 100% you can see that nothing is actually in focus.  Your depth of field (f1.8) is much too shallow and your shutter speed  (1/17s) is too slow unless you are using a tripod. 

A few other things to consider is the angle of the photo - looking at the top the horizon is not level (it should rotated about 6 degrees clockwise). The flash also creates harsh lighting with a few blown out hotspots (water on sidewalk) and some unwanted shadows (foreground).

Aesthetically, the broken flower in the middle of your frame is not very appealing, unless that is actually what you were trying to focus on.  Even still, the question you would want to ask yourself is what is the commercial appeal of this photo?  Who would buy it?  What purpose could they use it?  Photos of flowers are very plentiful in stock photography.  The millions of flower photos that are already there are technically sound.  If you do get flower photos accepted, the chances of anyone purchasing those photos are pretty slim and they certainly won't be big money makers.  That being said, taking photos of flowers is a great way to improve your photographic skills.

I would suggest joining a local photography club or taking some online classes (there are many free tutorials online.)  Practice a lot, get your technique down, be very critical of your own photos - look at them magnified to at least 100% if not higher and put yourself in the buyer's position as to whether or not you would buy your photos.

Best of luck, I hope this helps.

-Rob

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines