• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odrzucone zdjęcia

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dzień dobry, chciałbym dowiedzieć się o czemu odrzucono między innymi te moje zdjęcia?
2022-10-27_Tatry-2-2.jpg2022-10-27_Tatry-1-110.jpg2022-10-27_Tatry-3-2.jpg2022-10-27_Tatry-1-109.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Witam,

First picture: Sun flare isn't good here. It's too much of a white blob, and you have lens flare at the bottom right.

Second picture: The edge of the lake should be level.

Third picture: The hut is too much in shadow and the trees next to it are a black mess. You really need more detail in the shadow areas.

Fourth picture: Unwanted foreground at the bottom right.

Overall, the quality could be better. I think you could improve your composition. There is a bit too much contrast as well; not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Witam,

First picture: Sun flare isn't good here. It's too much of a white blob, and you have lens flare at the bottom right.

Second picture: The edge of the lake should be level.

Third picture: The hut is too much in shadow and the trees next to it are a black mess. You really need more detail in the shadow areas.

Fourth picture: Unwanted foreground at the bottom right.

Overall, the quality could be better. I think you could improve your composition. There is a bit too much contrast as well; not enough mid tones, and the shadow areas are a bit too dark.

You also need to think about how these photos can be used commercially.

PS - the Tatry mountains are a beautiful place to be - especially during the autumn.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:

Tips for getting your stock photos accepted (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Ricky's feedback.  The photos are a little dark in general.  I really like the third one.  If the focus is sharp I would try adjusting the exposure to bring up the shadows.  You may need to lower the highlights to keep the sunny areas and sky from getting too bright.  The barn really needs to be lighter since it's the focus of the photo.  After making the adjustments you can submit it again.  However, if the focus is soft I wouldn't try submitting it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with all of the comments from Ricky and John. I would add that using a tripod and shooting a series of 3-5 bracketed images at different exposures would allow you to blend the images in Lightroom or Photoshop and expand the dynamic range considerably - lightening the shadows and avoiding blownout areas. The tripod would also help to keep the scenes level with no leaning horizons.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is kind of what I was talking about.  This was done quickly so I wouldn't consider it suitable for submision at this point.  The dark trees are not totally black.  Since that is the case you can recover details in them. 

Shooting bracketed photos as Jill suggested is a great idea with challenging lighting like this.

2022-10-27_Tatry-3-2-Edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines