• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

original design got rejected for intellectual property law

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this 2 vector file got rejected by adobe stock for intellectual property law even tho this is purely made by me, no reference image or anything, i don't even look at google when making this, the glass bottle, logo and everything 100% made by me.. no way theres brand out there with this exact bottle design
is there any other reason? am i missing something? 232.jpg233.jpg
TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i made the glass bottle and the whole scene in blender and i vectorize it in adobe illustrator. its 100% me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are the artist, you may need a property release for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't i just upload this normally as it is? this is vector file for reason, it meant to be altered, edit, customized etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't see why this has any connection to IP. 

All original work needs an IP release. It makes no difference if you also made the original work.

Adobe CANNOT KNOW it is your work unless you tell them!! And the way to tell them is a property release, where you also are taking legal responsibility for your statement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see, by normally i thought was... that i cant sell this item normally, only just editorial use like iphone or copyrighted brand for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't accept items for editorial use (except a special thing called Illustrative Editorial from selected contributors). 

And IP is not just about brands, it's about everything made or designed by a human. Brands are just a particularly obvious example.

You need to read the guidance in full. It covers the case of submitting your own creations, and the rather strange way you have to fill the release in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The logo did trigger the refusal. Don't put that on the bottle and resubmit.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo is correct. Remove the logo and resubmit. You will likely need to submit a property release with you as the contributor and the property owner as the moderation team cannot know if this is based on an actual product, or a product of your imagination. We will always err on the side of caution when in doubt. 

It's very nice work. I would have assumed it was a photo.

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is lovely but as an Adobe Stock customer, I don't know how I would ever use this commercially.   What is the point of selling this on Adobe Stock if nobody can use it commercially?  Do you see the problem?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theres point of selling this design..

this can be used as art decoration move the bottle use on ur own artwork for additional detail, or u can use it to represent something like logo, branding mockup to a client.

theres is another application of this design.. remove the bottle and u can use the platform or podium for presentation of your own product.. theres few top vector contributor who make this kind a stuff on your website dont you aware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think removing the logo - even though it is your own - would make it more usable. Having the logo I think makes it more unusable commercially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines