Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oversaturated colors of vector illustrations after uploading to adobe stock

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
I faced up with the issue where the Adobe stock converts colours and makes them too saturated comparing to the original.
This is vector 10.eps file of RGB color model.
Is it some bug of AS or there are some settings when saving files to avoid this?

question_2_as.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Try creating your own preview file (minimum size 15MP) in jpg format with color space sRGB. Add this preview in a .zip folder with the vector file (nothing else...only the .jpg and the vector) and upload it. That way the system will use your jpg for the preview file instead of generating its own which can lead to the issue you have described.

Let us know if that does the trick for you.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too made that observation.

Looping in MatHayward​ for professional assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nobody home...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi viktor

Thank you for your patients. We however asking if you could be a little more patient. MatHayward​ will soon respond. He usually does. It seem at this time he has a lot dealing with.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What colour profile do you use? This is probably a colour profile issue. EPS files are not colour managed. I add the JPEG preview manually. It's a little bit more work but let's me in control of the conversion.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

I did a green leaf using RGB colors, Ai file. The green looks much darker on Adobe website than it is on my computer, or another website I upload it to.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Ai files are definitely colour managed. Let's wait for Mat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - the vector colors of look terrible here at Adobe ..! Didn't bother to complain. I don't understand this issue is not being solved yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying with different profiles, also I was embeded profile and not but still it was leading to oversaturated result in AS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating your own preview file (minimum size 15MP) in jpg format with color space sRGB. Add this preview in a .zip folder with the vector file (nothing else...only the .jpg and the vector) and upload it. That way the system will use your jpg for the preview file instead of generating its own which can lead to the issue you have described.

Let us know if that does the trick for you.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Mat.
Sometimes Adobe Stock's site system doesn't accespt zips with jpg and vector file, even if vector file more than 15 Mpxls,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat,

Thank you for your response. I will try that the next time I upload, especially with leaves; although of the 2 leaves I uploaded, it is only the second, that I really noticed the issue. I'm satisfied with the appearance of the other vectors. That is why I though it was a recent issue that developed.

Thanks again

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really not a particularly helpful answer, as it is more or less what is available in the submission information. I similarly created an AI vector graphic file in RGB color formatting, to the exact specifications of your submission reqs. I have more than a dozen to upload and all look oversaturated when I try the basic upload. To ask me to zip a jpg file to your dimensions is actually fairly cumbersome on a large scale, and still doesn't seem to work. (also WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A SETTING FOR THIS IN AI- There should be an "export for Adobe stock" function that sets it to the specs you want instead of having to manually change everything).  It doesn't address the question of what is wrong with the preview. Is this something a simple setting change could fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome image by the way ..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sure is strange that Adobe Stock can't make their OWN files in the correct saturation to its original.

However, I know I definitely have uploaded zip files with preview jpgs before but right now it wont work, I get an "INVALID FILE TYPE" no matter what I do.

1. I include EPS10+JPG8000px only in a .ZIP (unlike .rar or whatever)  = No good.

2. include .AI+jpg = no good.

Include eps+much smaller jpg, 5000px = no good.

What in the heck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you share a zip file that did not work? I propose that you create a dummy set that you upload, just to confirm that you get the error and then share the dummy set with us, so that someone could look into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines