• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

paper money and passport photo rejected because of quality issues

New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! i submitted photos that contain paper money and passport, but they were rejected because of quality issues, not because of IP.

For most i can agree with quality, but for example not sure about one i've attached. Could somebody say what is wrong with image.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do not see an issue with the passport. But there is a different issue with this file…

Abambo_0-1683196094352.png

I would guess that it's too good.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote from section https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/known-image-restrictions.html:

Paper money must not be reproduced in whole but partial depictions (<75%) may be acceptable in some countries. All currency featuring the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II is unacceptable.

What i see from the attached photo, 100 euro banknote could be > 75%, it's difficult to calculte it, but could be a reason. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote from section https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/known-image-restrictions.html:

Paper money must not be reproduced in whole but partial depictions (<75%) may be acceptable in some countries.

By @Oleksandr Kovinka

That could be, but that would be then a wrong refusal reason. Photoshop does not open the asset. So, it's detecting money, and that is not good. However, I do not know if that would be enough to refuse the asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From just a quick look, the quality looks good to me. It would be nice to know if part of Adobe's image assessment is automated using AI. I've also had images rejected on quality which I consider good - it could perhaps be something simple like insuffient pixel count or sharpness issues, or perhaps what the AI algarithm determines as over processed (over edited). It would be good to hear from someone Adode or someone with expert knowledge on this subject.

I'd categorise your image as conceptual, so perhaps a reason for rejection is all the possibilities of how an image could be interpreted - Adode may prefer not to engage with a contributer about this and use 'quality' as a easy reason for rejecting an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From just a quick look, the quality looks good to me. It would be nice to know if part of Adobe's image assessment is automated using AI. I've also had images rejected on quality which I consider good - it could perhaps be something simple like insuffient pixel count or sharpness issues, or perhaps what the AI algarithm determines as over processed (over edited).

By @kev Bell LRPS

No AI, moderation is done by humans.

(I'm not from Adobe, but somewhere, deep in this forum, you will find an answer from Mat Hayward, from Adobe, confirming that moderation is done by humans)

@kev Bell LRPS wrote:

Adode may prefer not to engage with a contributer about this and use 'quality' as a easy reason for rejecting an image.

Sorry, but that is nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No AI, moderation is done by humans."

Thanks for the info - that's good to know.

"Sorry, but that is nonsense."

Yet above you are suggesting that the image may have been rejected because of the banknotes (very likely) but the reason given by Adobe for rejection is 'image quality'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sorry, but that is nonsense."

Yet above you are suggesting that the image may have been rejected because of the banknotes (very likely) but the reason given by Adobe for rejection is 'image quality'. 

By @kev Bell LRPS

I said nonsense to this whole sentence, not a part of the sentence:

kev Bell LRPS wrote:

Adode may prefer not to engage with a contributer about this and use 'quality' as a easy reason for rejecting an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adode may prefer not to engage with a contributer about this and use 'quality' as a easy reason for rejecting an image."

Generally not. Why would they bother? They can just block people they don't want to engage with, without giving a reason or appeal. But I think there may be one group affected by this: those who insist their assets are perfect and refuse to engage with the assistance available here. Obviously for such contributors, a conspiracy from Adobe is the only possible reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But I think there may be one group affected by this: those who insist their assets are perfect and refuse to engage with the assistance available here."

Having judged photographs and photo-art for well over a decade I couldn't agree more - it amazes me when photographers submit photos with dust spots, halos, jpg artifacts, noise etc., and can't accept that their images have quality problems. Personally, I'll always listen to 'constructive' criticism from photographers with a proven track record - I've learnt a massive amount by doing so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the shadowy area at the top of the frame is the issue. Easy to fix with a gradient filter.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the real problem is quality - could be, as i don't see any other issues (sharpness, focus or exposure). I had 8 paper money photos uploaded, with and without passport, and some didn't have shadows, but all were rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to my prev comment - the reason for all 8 images is QUALITY ISSUES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMHO, the moderator selected the wrong refusal. I just guess, that the correct refusal is non-compliant image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines