• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permanent refusal to accept photos due to quality problems

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send photos for a long time, they constantly refuse because of "quality problems", I personally do not see any quality problems, I ask for help and advice. Before that, I sent a photo of really poor quality (especially for verification) and without problems, it’s not clear how they check, maybe a robot does the check.

I have attached some photos for example. Thank you in advance for your response

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Human Moderators are utilized to evaluate all images. 
1. underexposed 

2. blown highlights 

3. Underexposed, not sharply focused, noisy

4. Underexposed, bird's eye is not in focus

5. Underexposed, depth of field too shallow 

6.underexposed, too many unfocused elements 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Just for DSC06750:

Look at the histogram

Abambo_0-1663538126534.png

and you see that the picture is underexposed.

Looking at the picture at 100%, I have difficulties to find the sharpest point. I marked what I think is the sharpest:

Abambo_1-1663538342516.png

That's too little for such a picture, and it's not on the golden ratio lines nor is it following the rules of thirds.

I would have indeed not taken this picture, because the point of interest lie behind these branches:

Abambo_2-1663538543228.png

You additionally have a higher noise level.

All in all, the human mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @Sophia Sulla ,

File 7623 is underexposed, has a white balance issue (too cool), noisy and with color fringing. You could probably get a sharper focus. One thing that is sure is that the area of water in the forefront is out of focus.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1663548540598.png

File 7303 is out of focus, underexposed and noisy.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1663548673199.png

File 7219 is out of focus, noisy and underexposed.

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1663548867017.png

With these example I think you should have a fair idea what to look for to avoid what cannot be corrected and to correct what you need to. Before uploading y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Human Moderators are utilized to evaluate all images. 
1. underexposed 

2. blown highlights 

3. Underexposed, not sharply focused, noisy

4. Underexposed, bird's eye is not in focus

5. Underexposed, depth of field too shallow 

6.underexposed, too many unfocused elements 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, i'll try to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good photography begins with proper lighting and equipment.  If you want to shoot in low light settings, you need a stable tripod, manual camera settings with remote shutter control to eliminate motion.

If you're serious about Stock photography, you may wish to enroll in some photography classes and join a photography club for feedback.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that getting a refusal for quality issues doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad photo, only that it doesn't meet the criteria to be a good commercial asset that appeals to a wide audience.  Creativity is often at odds with technical perfection.

In general I think the depth of field is too shallow in these shots, and the histogram shows underexposure in most of them.  For the flash shots, the entire room should be lit instead of just the objects.

You'll also need property releases for any recognizable man made items included in your photos, such as pottery, art pieces, watches, etc. if you don't already have them.  But that would be an Intellectual Property Refusal and not a Quality Issues refusal.

Good luck with future submissions 🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for DSC06750:

Look at the histogram

Abambo_0-1663538126534.png

and you see that the picture is underexposed.

Looking at the picture at 100%, I have difficulties to find the sharpest point. I marked what I think is the sharpest:

Abambo_1-1663538342516.png

That's too little for such a picture, and it's not on the golden ratio lines nor is it following the rules of thirds.

I would have indeed not taken this picture, because the point of interest lie behind these branches:

Abambo_2-1663538543228.png

You additionally have a higher noise level.

All in all, the human moderator did refuse this picture with reason. No robot needed.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Sophia Sulla ,

File 7623 is underexposed, has a white balance issue (too cool), noisy and with color fringing. You could probably get a sharper focus. One thing that is sure is that the area of water in the forefront is out of focus.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1663548540598.png

File 7303 is out of focus, underexposed and noisy.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1663548673199.png

File 7219 is out of focus, noisy and underexposed.

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1663548867017.png

With these example I think you should have a fair idea what to look for to avoid what cannot be corrected and to correct what you need to. Before uploading you file you need zoom in and to check them for issues as outlined on this page and the followup. Issues that you can correct use a photo editor such as Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom to correct those. Those that you cannot correct you'll just have to discard and to make sure you do not make the same mistake in the future. 

Adobe has resources you can utilize to get get it right. You can first of all make sure you read-up the info of the link you get with your rejection reason. Learn the Contributor requirements and some tips with examples to get you files accepted.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines