• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permissions

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I am brand new to photography and adobe stock so please forgive me if this is an obvious question but I was wondering about permissions. For example, if I use a specific cloth napkin or plate/pottery do I need permission for their use in the photos if there are no logos or is mainly for things like property and people that are recognizable. Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a very good question. I'm sorry, but there is no easy way to answer it. The correct answer is, if it can be identified, then you need a property release. For instance an Apple I Phone with the round button at the bottom. This is a part of the I Phone design and cannot be duplicated without a release. If the cloth napkin is so distinct, that the manufacturer can be identified, then you need a release to commercially use his design or property. If it looks like every other napkin and shows no vissible design or pattern then the design owner cannot be certain that it is his napkin. Stay away from identifiable markings, shapes or designs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Ralph this is very helpful!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you click the "Learn and Support" link found at the bottom of the Adobe Stock Contributor Portal. From there, navigate to the legal section where you will find loads of useful information about this topic and more.

Stay creative,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mat, I will be sure to look! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines