Exit

Personal Watermark Allowed?

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm totally new to Adobe Stock Contributor. I was wondering:

- Is my personal watermark allowed in the photos I upload, or does it go against the Adobe Licensing Terms? With watermark I of course mean the little "©myname" at the right bottom of the image (which I'd add with Lightroom), not anything invasive;

- Is metadata saying I'm the author with "all rights reserved" allowed, or does it go against the Licensing Terms? 

Thanks in advance for your kind answering!

[moderator added the contributor tag]

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

- Is my personal watermark allowed in the photos I upload, or does it go against the Adobe Licensing Terms? With watermark I of course mean the little "©myname" at the right bottom of the image (which I'd add with Lightroom), not anything invasive;

NO! That will generate a refusal at 100% of your submissions.

- Is metadata saying I'm the author with "all rights reserved" allowed, or does it go against the Licensing Terms? 

As you are submitting to stock, you do not "reserve all rights". You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Contributor or buyer? The OP is a contributer asking to contribute pictures to Adobe Stock with his signature on. That is not allowed. If you contribute images to stock, a watermark is not allowed. Images with watermark will be refused. The buyer want's an image free of that nonsense.

If you are a buyer: You use the image as you need (with some small limitations as layed out in the license terms). You cannot, however, legally claim (c) on an image where you do not have (c). But you are for sur

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Is my personal watermark allowed in the photos I upload, or does it go against the Adobe Licensing Terms? With watermark I of course mean the little "©myname" at the right bottom of the image (which I'd add with Lightroom), not anything invasive;

NO! That will generate a refusal at 100% of your submissions.

As you are submitting to stock, you do not "reserve all rights". You effectively grant Adobe a non exclusive license to sell your stuff on Adobe stock. And you grant via Adobe stock the buyer a non-exclusive license to do with your picture whatever they want as long as they are compliant with the Adobe licensing terms.

If you submit via the Lightroom plug-in, the meta data however is not stripped, which could be a privacy problem. Keep that in mind when submitting.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what about a company logo watermark overlaying the image. Let's say I have an image on a social media page that I do not want someone else to be able to just download, can I place a faded watermark of my company's logo to prevent that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contributor or buyer? The OP is a contributer asking to contribute pictures to Adobe Stock with his signature on. That is not allowed. If you contribute images to stock, a watermark is not allowed. Images with watermark will be refused. The buyer want's an image free of that nonsense.

If you are a buyer: You use the image as you need (with some small limitations as layed out in the license terms). You cannot, however, legally claim (c) on an image where you do not have (c). But you are for sure allowed to put any mark on the image you need or want, including company logos.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines