Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo from film scan

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I need your advise. I uploaded two photos which was edited by lightroom, film scanned.

I was glad Adobe accepted the second photo with green and houses even the resolution is not so high because of the old and cheap automatic camera. But the first photo was rejected with the reason of technical problem. I put the location information for both which are Hever Castle garden in Kent, UK. 

Appreciate if you can advise me what was difference of those two photos, and if I should proceed upload of photos which were scanned by my old films.

Thank you and best regards,

Matt

Hever Castle in Kent, UK 英国 ヒーバー城-2.jpgHever Castle in Kent, UK 英国 ヒーバー城-5.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

The first image is rather dull and dark, underexposed, lacks sharp focus and needs a white balance adjustment. Recent experience here in the forum seems to indicate that achieving the Adobe Stock quality standard with film scans or scanned images is challenging due to the technical hurdles, and I wouldn't spend a lot of time editing such images unless the subject matter is unique and compelling.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

To add to what Jill said, the first image you posted lacks any color vibrance.  I don't know if this was lost in translation or if the original lacked sufficent RGB information.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first image is rather dull and dark, underexposed, lacks sharp focus and needs a white balance adjustment. Recent experience here in the forum seems to indicate that achieving the Adobe Stock quality standard with film scans or scanned images is challenging due to the technical hurdles, and I wouldn't spend a lot of time editing such images unless the subject matter is unique and compelling.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, Jill. I have got a load number of film photos but you are right, it might be good not to spend too much efffort to work on old photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what Jill said, the first image you posted lacks any color vibrance.  I don't know if this was lost in translation or if the original lacked sufficent RGB information.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your comment, Nancy. If I spend my time for old film photo, I should carefully choose very best one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines